News Reporter Application
News reporters are assigned a beat where they are responsible for coverage of all events and issues that arise on that beat. They will become the “expert” on that beat and pitch two stories per week to their editor. This is an unpaid position.
· Attend weekly budget meeting held by the News Editor.
· Submit story pitches by section editor’s desired date.
· Accept assignments from the News Editor or Assistant News Editor.
· Record all interviews.
· Withhold bias from articles.
· Write the required number of articles per week with at least three sources quoted in each.
· Assist with breaking news.
· Provide newsroom coverage per the established schedule.
· Be knowledgeable in AP Style.
· Meet all deadlines set by the section editor.
· Communicate effectively with photographers or illustrators.
· Communicate regularly with section editor.
· Responsible for submitting best copy through CAMAYAK by the deadline and responding to editor comments in a timely manner.
· Encouraged to attend all staff functions.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service