If you are also interested in the Dating Game or any of our other game shows, you MUST fill out that form separately as well.
This year's Cosplay Chess theme is ORDER VS CHAOS!
As usual, the forces of chaos are trying to tear the world apart. Will chaos reign, or will order prevail?
Paladins vs warlocks? Rogues vs Priestesses? Jedi vs Sith? Chaotic Good vs Lawful Good (or Evil?)? Chaotic characters vs organized / lawful characters of all kinds are welcome! What alignment will you fit into?
- Submit up to 3 costumes for us to consider. If selected, we will let you know at least 3 weeks before the convention which character was chosen.
- We traditionally have a Facebook group and ask for you to join in order to coordinate with other pieces and get to know them. We're also considering Discord this year, so vote for your preferred communication channel as you fill out the app below! (We'll pick the more popular option.)
- If your costume isn't done yet, link us photos of your work-in-progress (WIP) / what you have so far.
- Cosplay Chess usually takes place Sunday morning around 10 am. If you cannot attend or be awake in time for the event, please do not apply!
- If you're a part of Chess, you'll be standing -- often in one place -- for long periods of time (up to two hours). Please be aware of this physical expectation as you apply and/or plan out your costumes.
- During Cosplay Chess, when one chess piece takes another, a short "battle" takes place, with no physical contact. We will be giving a safety talk beforehand about being careful while doing this. Your own physical ability and/or the kind of costume you're wearing will determine how much battling you can do, but do know you will be expected to act out battle poses and motions.
- We're here to have a good time and put on a good show for the audience! We want enthusiastic folks who are ready and eager to be in-character, follow directions, and have fun!