CATS Online Application 2020
Dear 2020 CATS Candidate,
Members of the College Age TI Staff (CATS) are a vital part of the success of the Lindsey Meyer Teen Institute. CATS are individuals who are ages 18-22 and have spent at least one year out of High School. CATS may or may not have attended a Teen Institute program in the past and serve as leaders and role models for current participants. CATS undergo an extensive interview, application, and training process to make them into the TI experts they are. So much of the success of LMTI depends on volunteer staff - including our college age volunteers! Each year we select individuals from throughout the state to serve as CATS. Want to apply? Here’s what you need to know:
Responsibilities of a CATS member include….
• Remaining alcohol, tobacco, and other drug free
• Appreciating and promoting diversity
• Promoting a drug free lifestyle to others
• Leading by example
• Being a role model
• Developing skits/workshops to be presented at LMTI Summer Leadership Conference/College Track/Fall Leadership Conference, and other conferences
• Group Facilitation (Process Group)
• Cabin Chaperone duties
• Representing your community and/or college/university in an appropriate manner
• Being an active member of the LMTI staff
• Remaining an active prevention advocate before, during, and after camp
• Attending follow up events
• Undergoing all mandatory training sessions for preparation (including staff trainings)
• Attending all days of LMTI Summer Leadership Conference, College Track, and/or the Fall Leadership Conference
Be sure to utilize the checklist to make sure that you haven’t missed any steps! You can find it at
Please note – Not every CATS member is the same! New Jersey is diverse and our CATS reflects that diversity. We look for a mix of individuals who are both “in front of the scenes” and “behind the scenes” individuals. If you’ve enjoyed your previous experiences at TI and/or are looking for an advanced leadership role, we hope you will consider applying to be a member of the CATS.
Please contact the LMTI office if you have any questions. Best of luck!
The LMTI Staff and the CATS Selection Committee
There are required questions in this application. After you submit your application you will get a link which you can come back and edit your responses if you choose to. We will not be viewing these applications until the due date so feel free to edit your responses as necessary. Are you ready to continue?
(You may just want to type things in boxes and come back to them later. That is fine!)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Partners in Prevention.