The Talent to Watch Program is a production opportunity for first-time feature filmmakers, with an emphasis on digital and online distribution models. More information on guidelines can be found at: https://telefilm.ca/en/financing/talent-to-watch
Describe how you meet this criteria:
* For the Indigenous Component it is not necessary that filmmakers be current members of AFCOOP or closely affiliated with the co-op, however teams must still meet the emerging criteria specified in the guidelines. More information on Indigenous self-identity, review Telefilm’s guidelines on their website.
Please describe how you meet this criteria:
- State the project’s working title;- Identify the key creative team involved in the project and their individual track records (including samples of past work if applicable or relevant);- Identify the genre, the type, and the length of the project;- Provide a synopsis of the story;- Outline the creative team’s vision/visual treatment of the material;- Outline any other relevant information that sets the project apart (e.g.: confirmed appearance by an established actor, - successful crowdfunding campaign, relationship with VFX professionals or animators);- Identify the target audience;- Include 1 minute segment of the director's previous short films;
NOTE: the video must NOT include footage from other projects that are not the team's own work.
The list of required materials include:
1. Synopsis of the project (max. 750 words) which includes the main story development and tells the basic story from beginning to end;
2. Director's Vision (up to 3 pages);
3. Promotion and Distribution Plan (up to 2 pages) - identifying the project's audience., and identifying how the team will find and access this audience;
4. Creative Team Filmography (writer, director and producer) - use template on the Telefilm website which will indicate training, education, experience, accolades, outline past projects and history of team collaboration;
5. Budget Top Sheet - use template on the Telefilm website;
6. Additional Information (up to 1 page) - any other info which sets the project apart (eg: personal connection to the story material, successful crowdfunding campaign, confirmed cameo by a well known actor, established fan base on social media).