Who We Are
We are a member-owned business dedicated to the principle that, by working together and pooling our resources, we can provide our community with goods and services at fair prices. We are also committed to providing desirable employment opportunities in our community.
- Be a responsive and financially sound organization meeting the evolving needs and interests of our membership based upon cooperative principles and spirit.
- Serve the region by providing a broad range of high quality food products, offered at a fair price, with outstanding customer service.
- Promote local production by providing an outlet for locally produced food products.
- Encourage healthy diets through offering a wide selection of healthy foods with an emphasis on organic production methods and by providing useful information to consumers about the relationship between health and diet.
- Promote environmental sustainability in the choices we make and a fair and supportive work environment for our employees. How We Achieve Our Mission
- With People. Community involvement and teamwork are our core values. We hire qualified applicants and provide benefits to retain the best-qualified staff. We set expectations and provide support for achieving employment goals.
- With Service. We provide the best possible service for our customers and members. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile to meet their needs.
- With Products. We provide a full range of high quality products. Our products and services reflect our customers’ and members’ expressed needs and preferences.
What is a Co-op?
In 1844, the first successful cooperative was established in Rochdale, England. The principles which guided that cooperative have been adopted by cooperatives worldwide. A cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise. Cooperatives are based on values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity, and solidarity. In the tradition of their founders, cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility, and caring for others. Cooperatives are voluntary organizations; open to all persons able to use their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership without gender, social, racial, political, or religious discrimination.
Now that you know a little bit about us, we would love to know about you! Please fill out the attached application and return it to us. Our HR department will be in contact with you should a position open that we feel could be a good fit with your qualifications.