AmLit Submission Form Fall 2019
Thanks for your interest in submitting to AmLit! We're so excited to see your work. The magazine will be published in print and uploaded on our website at the end of the semester. You can see all of our previous editions at
or come find us in MGC 248 for a copy!
We are a student-run arts organization at American University. We publish art, photography, poetry, prose, and short film. We have events throughout the semester- poetry workshops, review sessions, movie nights- many ways to get involved! If you want to always want to be in on AmLit gossip, email us at
or message us on any of our social medias @amlitmag (FB and Instagram)
To submit to the drive, you must be a undergraduate or graduate student at AU.
HOW TO GET YOUR WORK SUBMITTED:
1. Complete and submit this form.
2. Email images of your visual pieces as 300 dpi PNGs and any literary documents in PDF or DOC format to
by Friday, Sept. 13th. Save and send your documents as the title of your piece. PLEASE make sure your name is NOT on the document/title/piece, so we can maintain on anonymous review process.
THE FINE PRINT:
- You may submit multiple pieces in multiple categories. We have a maximum limit of five written pieces, five photos, eight art pieces and five short films per person.
-Prose pieces have a strict 500 word limit- we want to make sure we can get as much diversity of stories and mediums in the mag.
- If you are submitting a short film or animation, please email us a downloadable file and please make sure to remove any credits, as our review process is anonymous.
- Photography and photo submissions of art MUST be submitted in 300 DPI. If your photo is not sent in printable quality, we will not be able to consider it for submission. When submitting a photo, do not resize it in the email attachment. Send the best quality photo you have. If you have any questions about what/how do do this, shoot an email to
- We highly prefer digital submissions, but if you want to submit physical work, shoot an email to
and we can try to work something out.
Please make sure you follow all of the requirements above!! If not, we can't accept your piece, and that makes us really sad. :(
We can't wait to see all your brilliance and imagination!
Your AU ID Number
Your Email Address
What category are you submitting to? (If you are submitting to multiple categories, just indicate it here and in the email you send us with your images/documents)
Title of piece(s) (If your piece is untitled, please provide a description so we can identify it easily)
If you are submitting an art piece, please describe the medium used to create your work.
If you would like to include an artist statement alongside your piece (for any genre) to assist in the consideration of the piece, please write it here:
Don't forget to email images of your work or documents of your literary submissions to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service