Chalk of the Town application
I am registering as an:
Group - no more than 5 people
Will you provide your own materials
No, I will use the materials provided by the Chalk of the Town committee
Brief resume/bio of your work as an artist (not required)
• Be A Tourist (BAT) is from 10am–5pm, Saturday, June 1st. Artists can begin working at 9am but no later than 10am—if artist doesn’t begin at this time they may forfeit their spot. Judging will begin at 2:00pm, murals should be complete at this time, visitors can vote for people’s choice until 2:00pm. Winners will be announced at 3:00pm.
• Artists can have one sandwich board with their info for patrons no larger than 24 in X 40 in where they advertise their URL
or photos of their portfolio.
• Artists can ONLY use chalk for their final project, which is provided/approved by Chalk of the Town or
can be brought.
• Artists can do a ‘site scout’ and request a particular piece of sidewalk if they choose. This request has to be done by May 27th and will be on a first-come-first serve basis. OTCA cannot guarantee reservation of a particular sidewalk section, as all sections of sidewalk must be approved by business owners.
• The dimensions for a single artist or group of artists will be a maximum area of 50 square feet.
• Old Town reserves the right to publicize and distribute images of their final work.
• Old Town does not distribute their lists of participants or volunteers for free or for pay and personal
information will not be shared with persons not associated with Chalk of the Town.
• Participation is FREE for all artists.
• Chalk of the Town is an event for all ages and OTCA requests that artists keep that in mind when
considering art content for public display.
Voting will be people’s choice and judge’s choice. Visitors will be able to pick up ballots at the OTCA office or Family Activity Lot (located next to Sir Pizza) and vote on their favorite artists. Visitors can drop off their ballots at participating businesses in buckets, or at the OTCA office or the Family Activity Lot.
• Gift Certificates
• Old Town S.W.A.G
• Featured Artist write-up in Old Town Newsletter
Artists must sign rules/liability waiver along with their application form in order to participate.Please type your name below and return on or before May 25, 2019: I HEREBY ASSUME FULL AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT I SUSTAIN OR CAUSE DURING MY PARTICIPATION IN CHALK OF THE TOWN. IN ADDITION, I HEREBY RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE OLD TOWN COMMERCIAL ASSOCIATION AND ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, SPONSORS, BOARD MEMBERS AND SUCCESSORS FROM ANY AND ALL INJURIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO MY SERVICE AS A PARTICIPANT.
Parent/Guardian signature if artists is under 18 (type name below)
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service