Our ongoing activities in Peru rely on the dedication and support of both local skaters as well as international volunteers. Keen to get involved on the ground?
CJF’s biggest aim is local sustainability: all our work is centered around providing the support, skills and resources to the communities that we work with, so they will be able to run the projects themselves.
As international volunteer, you play an important role in this mission: with each volunteer bringing in new ideas, skills and perspectives, the project grows! It grows in experience regarding the management of the skatepark and it grows in diversity of approaches of how to develop the project further. Locally driven and globally supported.
So this volunteering opportunity comes with responsibilities and a focus on development of the project as well as yourself, but no worries: there will be time enough to enjoy skateboarding-filled days and the beauty of the northern coast of Peru!
We expect the following from our volunteers:
- You apply with relevant skill sets
- You are self-motivated, proactive in your work-ethics and take responsibility for the tasks you take on
- You are interested in using sports for sustainable development
- You skate or are interested in skateboarding
- You posses basic computer literacy (using Google Drive and software like Word and Excel)
- You speak English or Spanish, if English basic skills in Spanish recommended
- You report to your supervisor about your work and ask for feedback before implementing new ideas
General criteria for volunteering:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- We require a criminal background check since you’ll be working with (vulnerable) children
- Minimum time commitment of 1 month
- Gaining experience and developing yourself in a field you are passionate about
- Actively contributing to a youth development and community development project
- The chance to be a part of a diverse and dedicated team and a welcoming community
- Immersing yourself in the Peruvian culture
- Confirmation of volunteer service
- Spreading the joy of skateboarding
CJF is a volunteer-based charity organisation. As such, please note that this position is unpaid and a monthly volunteer contribution fee is required to accommodate you, to sustain our work at the skatepark and to support and coordinate your volunteering experience during your stay in Peru. The value of the volunteer contribution fee depends on the volunteer's time commitment and the position in question.
For the Project Volunteer position, the following brackets are used:
1st month: $375 USD
2nd month: $325 USD
3rd month onward: $300 USD
You will have a room at our homestay location, all within 1 mile from the skatepark and the beach. We have wifi and laundry options nearby.
If you're interested in applying for this position, please fill in the form below. If you have any questions regarding the role please email our Programmes Manager Johannes at firstname.lastname@example.org