2021 YPT Regional District Board of Directors Interest Form
Soliciting Nominations Timeline: Wave 1 Until June 11, 2021
Future Solicitation for 2021 Regional Board of Directors will continue if needed.
The Young Professionals in Transportation is establishing Regional Districts to help its expansion and growth as a professional organization and value to members, its growth, and impact on the transportation community.
Interest Form Sections:
1. Information Section
2. Regional District Selection Section
3. Regional Board of Directors Position Section
Must be a YPT Member
Eligibility & Term Length:
Officers for the 2021 Year will serve until the end of 2021
Officers shall be appointed to a 1-year calendar term starting January 1 and ending December 31st.
The appointment will be done during September and if needed through October of each year for officers to serve in the following year.
Officers are eligible for renewal appointments for up to four consecutive terms.
Officers of the Regional Board of Directors are recommended to only serve in a single
leadership role within the YPT organization, but this will only be a requirement of the Regional Directors.
The Regional Director upon being appointed to the regional board they must resign from any other active leadership positions in YPT.
The nominees for the Deputy Regional Directors positions during the nomination process should disclose their intent to continue in any other YPT Positions during the term they wish to serve on the regional board.
After the initial slate in 2021, The Regional Director role must be filled by someone who has served on the Regional Board of Directors and/or on the International Board, unless no one who has served in one of these roles intends to serve as Regional Director for the upcoming year for that Regional District.
How Regional Districts will support YPT's growth and expansion
To support YPT’s value to members, its growth, and impact on the transportation community, Regional Districts, with Regional Board of Directors is being established
Much like the U.S. system with a federal, state and local governance. Regional Districts could serve as an intermediary level of leadership to support the organization in several ways as we continue to expand.
YPT Regional Districts can provide organizationally:
1. Local Support & Strengthen the Leadership Pipeline
2. Catering Regional Programming & Collaboration
3. Supporting Chapter Expansion & Membership Growth in Smaller Cities to Rural Areas
1. Local Support & Strengthen the Leadership Pipeline - Create a pipeline for over 150 local chapter leaders to serve at an intermediate level of responsibility for a larger area encompassing several states/provinces and several local chapters. Regional Districts would act as a vital support pillar for local chapters.
2. Catering Regional Programming & Collaboration - Regional districts can help with larger events and programming for members in that region and support local chapters that want to work with other chapters in that region. A regional district board can help develop a regional mentorship program that can bring together a larger pool of transportation professionals. Regional awards, regional YPT Conferences, and an annual study tour of a city in regions were some of the many ideas already suggested by local chapter leaders.
3. Supporting Chapter Expansion & Membership Growth from Smaller Cities to Rural Areas - Regional boards can develop programming and serve the needs of young transportation professionals in the region rather than in just a single city. A regional board can provide programming at a regional level that provides value to and engages with members & non-members in cities without an active chapter, supporting membership growth.
What YPT leadership positions and or experiences have you had? (If any)
What leadership positions and or experiences have you had?
Please email resume to
You should serve only in the region in which you reside. YPT is currently establishing Regional Districts in Europe and the North America
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Young Professionals in Transportation.