c06-c08 Practice Quiz
On this quiz, score 80% or higher, and receive a +5 bonus on the test.
Your LAST Name:
1. Which hormone increases osteoclast activity to release more calcium ions into the bloodstream?
2. Growth of bones is controlled by a symphony of hormones. Which hormone is of greatest importance for bone growth during infancy and childhood?
3. Cranial bones develop ________.
from a tendon
from cartilage models
within fibrous membranes
within osseous membranes
4. The sella turcica is part of the ________ bone and houses the ________ gland.
5. The bones in the skull have many different names but what are the boundaries of eachbone? Where do they start and stop?
The boundaries are indistinct and are simply vague generalized regions.
Bones of the skull are separated by immobile joints called sutures.
Bones of the skull are continuous but named for their specific markings.
Boundaries for skull bones are seen only in the infant skull.
6. The hip joint is a good example of a(n) ________ synovial joint.
7. Which of the following would be most associated with process of warming and humidifying inhaled air?
the bones comprising the orbits
the paranasal sinuses
the cranial bones
8. In the classification of joints, which of the following is true?
Synarthrotic joints are slightly movable.
In cartilaginous joints, a joint cavity is present.
Immovable joints are called amphiarthroses.
All synovial joints are freely movable.
9. Choose the structures that most directly provide nutrients and remove wastes from osteocytes in compact bone.
perforating (Volkmann's) canals
10. The cell responsible for secreting the matrix of bone is the ________.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service