Dear Counselor, Parent or Student:
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., founded in 1908 as the first African-American Greek-letter sorority, promotes high scholastic and ethical standards. It soon became America’s premiere organization for college-educated women, focusing on academic excellence and community service. The international sorority has grown to over 760 chapters both undergraduate and alumnae.
Since 1987, the North Suburban Atlanta Chapter, Rho Zeta Omega, has actively supported the community through various service projects. One of our annual projects includes awarding college scholarships to talented area students. The PEARL Foundation, Inc., in conjunction with Rho Zeta Omega Chapter will award 2016 scholarships based on the following criteria:
• Must be an African-American female who resides in Cobb County and attends a Cobb County High School or Marietta High School
• Must be in the graduating class of 2017
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Must have demonstrated leadership ability in the school and community
• Must have participated in community service projects
• Must be available for an interview if selected with the Scholarship Committee
• Must upload the following documents:
1. Completed online application
2. Current High school transcript (please upload)
3. ACT (composite score) or SAT (total score)
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation sent via email to email@example.com
5. Acceptance Statement
6. Submit a 500-word essay on one of the following topics.
As a teen growing up in today's fast paced culture what are some ways to increase community service participation among your peers. Please provide examples.
State the top 3 issues that should be addressed during the next U.S. Presidential Administration. State your concerns and your recommendations to address each issue.
All applications and supporting materials must be submitted and uploaded by Wednesday, February 24, 2016. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Note - When completing this application, do not close this window so that you do not lose your responses.
Application link will also be available at www.thepearlfoundationga.org
. If you have questions, or need additional information, feel free to contact Christy Jackson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
President, The PEARL Foundation, Inc.
Scholarship Committee Chairman