1. The Parade will be held on Sunday December 9, 2018 at 2:30 PM rain or shine. There will be no alternate date. Units will begin lining up at 1:15 PM.In the event the Parade is cancelled, entry fees cannot be refunded. Units ejected from the Parade, will not be refunded the entry fee.
2. Entry fees for the Parade are as follows:$625 Rented Floats provided by Greer Relief ($75 additional to add music)$100* Commercial Floats and Entries - units that are sponsored by a business.$50* Non-Commercial and Non-Profit Entries*If there are more than 2 vehicles, you will need to pay an additional $10 per car or unit. Automobiles, motorcycle clubs, or any other group requiring additional space may request an exemption no later than 2 weeks before the Parade.
3. Line up numbers will be emailed and posted to the parade website & social media no later than noon, December 7th. This is a guide to your position in the Parade. If you do not have access to email/internet, please specify on the registration form the phone number to call and we will call you with your number. Every effort will be made to get each entry to their assigned spot. All late entries will be added to the end of the Parade lineup. An Event Tent will be set up in the parking lot of The Clock by 1 PM on parade day for event information including line up.
4. All Parade entries must have a Christmas theme, and meet the sensibilities of the Greer Community. The Parade Committee will remove any unit that does not meet these criteria from the Parade. All floats and vehicles must be in a safe operating condition, with all passengers and displays properly secured. All vehicles must be street legal or a trailer.
5. Please provide an accurate footage for your entry. This information will be used to provide adequate space for parade line up. If on parade day the information provided is inaccurate your entry may be moved to the back of the parade.
6. The ratio of adult chaperones to children must be no less than 1:10 for ages 6 – 12 or 2:5 for ages 5 and under.
7. All participants are responsible for picking up their trash before the parade and during the lineup. A fine may be issued if trash is not picked up. This includes parking areas such as CresCom Bank, the Greer Post Office, the Clock, Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, & Big Lots.
8. Please ensure that all dances/demonstrations can be performed while moving forward. Groups are not permitted to stop the parade to perform.
9. Nothing is to be thrown in the parade including candy. Persons walking beside the entry may hand out candy. It must be done in a safe manner by walking beside the vehicle and handing the candy to the recipient. Your group will be ejected from the parade route if anything is thrown. This is for the safety of the parade attendees, we do not want small children running into the street, in front of a moving vehicle, for candy.
10. The Parade Staff may require an entry to make minor adjustments to ensure the safety of everyone. In extreme cases, the unit may be removed. The following are not permitted in the parade: **side by side trailers**open fires**silly string**political pamphlets**un-diapered horses**exotic animals— unless preapproved by the City. **Santa—No entry can have a “Santa”. We provide the “Santa Float”.
11. I understand my entry & payment must be received or postmarked by the day before Thanksgiving, November 21, 2018. Entries & payment received/postmarked after this date will be assessed the late entry fee of $50 or will not be in the parade.
Thank you for helping Greer Relief make a difference! 501(c)3 non-profit, Tax ID: 57-0370331Organized by Greer Relief & Resources AgencyCommittee Chair: Kyndra KempGreer Relief: (864) 848-5355 / firstname.lastname@example.org