Lyn McNaught Teaching Award Nominations 2019
Each year our Horizons Directors have an opportunity to nominate an outstanding teacher from their program for the Lyn McNaught Teaching Award. The winners will be invited to attend and participate on a panel at our annual conference in Febraury. Two winners will be selected by a designated review team comprised of Horizons National Board member Lyn McNaught, HN staff members, and our Summer of 2017 Lyn McNaught winners. Only one nomination from each site is permissible.
The following are the established criteria for selection:
• Nomination form must be completed by Monday, October 14, 2019 (now extended to October 18th).
• Nominee must have a minimum of 2 summers teaching in a Horizons classroom.
• Nominee is one who, in all aspects, serves as a role model for students and colleagues.
• Nominee teaches creatively, encouraging students to be life-long learners.
• Nominee provides a safe and nurturing classroom environment, recognizing different learning styles and encouraging the potential of each child.
• Nominee creates curriculum that is exciting, challenging, intentional and relevant to the lives of the students.
• Nominee has a long-term commitment to Horizons, and therefore, to be considered as a finalist in the spring, he/she must have signed a contract to return to Horizons in summer of 2019.
Name of person submitting nomination:
Name of educator being nominated:
Email of educator being nominated:
Phone # of educator being nominated:
Educator has already signed a contract for Horizons 2020?
No, but I will have a signed contract before the conference
Grade level(s) and/or Subject(s) taught in 2019 program:
Past Horizons teaching experience if grades and/or subjects differed from 2019:
You may only select one category for the nominee. The "Other" category is for an educator that isn't a lead or assistant teacher (i.e. teacher in the arts, music, swimming, counselor, etc.). If you select "Other", please include what they teach in your Horizons program.
Elementary (Pre-K - 4th Grade Grads)
Middle/High School (5th Grade Grads - High School)
Based on the criteria above, share why this nominee is an outstanding candidate for the Lyn McNaught Award.
Please, no more than 4,500 characters. It may be easiest to write and edit your essay/answer and once complete, copy and paste below.
Thank you for your helping us recognize the many outstanding Horizons educators. For questions, contact Mariann Bernlohr at
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Horizons National Student Enrichment Program.