SoMLA 2020 Conference Concurrent Session Proposal Form
1. The 48th Annual State of Maryland Literacy Association (formerly SoMIRAC) Conference will be held April 1-3, 2020 at the Hunt Valley Inn Baltimore, 245 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031.
2. Conference theme is “With Literacy and Justice for All”.
3. Concurrent sessions will be sixty minutes in length.
4. Proposals for concurrent sessions must be received by October 31, 2019. Presenters must be current (2019-2020) members of a local literacy chapter, which includes membership in SoMLA (formerly SoMIRAC). If you are not a member, your proposal will not be considered for this year’s conference. You may join one of the chapters at
5. ALL PRESENTERS ARE EXPECTED TO REGISTER AND PAY ALL CONFERENCE FEES BY JANUARY 31, 2020. FAILURE TO REGISTER BY THIS DATE MAY RESULT IN THE CANCELLATION OF THE PRESENTER’S SESSION.
6. As a professional, nonprofit organization, SoMLA is unable to reimburse concurrent session presenters for travel, honorarium, and/or hotel expenses.
Guidelines for Proposals:
1. All relevant portions of this application must be complete. ALL PRESENTERS MUST BE MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING OF SoMLA, REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE, AND PAY FULL CONFERENCE FEES.
2. The person submitting the proposal must receive advance consent from each additional presenter.
3. The person submitting the proposal is responsible for sharing membership and registration information with co-presenters.
4. Note: A screen will be available for each room, but NO Audio-Visual Equipment will be provided. Computers, Speakers and projectors must be provided by the group presenting.
Further Information Needed?
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service