Gainesville Cultural Affairs Board: Art Awards Nomination Form
BUSINESS ARTS AWARD is presented annually to a business that has contributed significantly to the arts in the city by offering and sponsoring art events.
INDIVIDUAL ARTS AWARD is presented annually to an individual who has contributed significantly to the arts in the city in the last calendar year (2019).
LENNIE KESL LIFETIME ARTS AWARD is presented to an individual who has made significant and sustained contributions to the arts over a number of years.
The following are GENERAL GUIDELINES for the above categories the board will use to evaluate nominees.
• Their overall dedication to the arts in Gainesville
• Providing greater access to the arts for all citizens
• Major involvement in arts programs
• Creation of new and innovative arts programs
• Creation of new venues for the arts
• Involvement in arts programming for children
• Involvement in arts programming for under-served citizens
• Significant sustained contributions to the arts over a period of time
• Individuals who have increased awareness of the arts and stress their positive impact on the entire
EMERGING ARTIST ARTS AWARD has been established to recognize promising artists in Gainesville who are making their mark in our community in the fields of digital, musical, performing, visual and written/spoken word arts. The purpose is to give a platform to emerging talent and to support artists at the beginning of their artistic journey. To be eligible for the award, artists must currently live in greater Gainesville and must have resided in the region at least one year at the time of nomination. This award recognizes evidence of innovation and a creative voice, as well as effective use of media and tools to bring the artist's vision to life.
An emerging artist:
• Is 30 years of age or younger AND/OR with less than 5 years of professional experience in their chosen
• Aims to be professional artist - having gone well beyond 'hobby artist' status while not yet being an
'established' or 'mid-career' artist
• Is committed to his/her/their practice and worked seriously to develop and promote a career as a
• Has developed an original body of work with a clear identity and/or one (or more) theme(s)
• Demonstrates potential AND has had some notable success
• Has a career on an upward trajectory
AWARD SELECTION GUIDELINES
• The Board reserves the right to change the number of awards granted in any particular year.
• Anyone can submit a nomination. Nominations should be completed on the Gainesville Cultural Affairs
Board Arts Awards form and forwarded to staff.
Nomination Due: December 15, 2020
Business Arts Award
Individual Arts Award
Lennie Kesl Lifetime Arts Award
Emerging Artist Arts Award
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service