(1) Determining common challenges and difficulties of the LDS homosexual or transgender experience.
(2) Identifying specific principles of the gospel that when applied can help individuals navigate these challenges in a way that brings peace, meaning, and joy to their lives.
(3) Sharing specific examples of how individual members of the North Star community have successfully applied these principles in their lives.
(4) Encouraging members to seek divine guidance from their Heavenly Father regarding how they can apply these gospel principles personally in their lives.
(1) They are a man who experiences same-sex attraction (gay).(2) Individuals are not currently in a same-sex relationship - either dating, partnered, or married.
We believe that the principles of project THRIVE will benefit any of God's children who apply them regardless of personal beliefs or life choices. Therefore, these requirements are not meant to be exclusionary or a judgment of individual life choices.
This committee is specifically organized to create content for MEN who experience same-sex attraction. We will form additional THRIVE committees for other demographics in the future.