Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges MADRINA AWARD - NOMINATION FORM
The Latina Leadership Network Madrina Award was developed to honor those Latinas who have given their time, energy, expertise, and leadership to the LLNCCC and to other Latinas within the California Community Colleges (CCC) system and/or Latinx community. Madrinas are individuals who demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and provide guidance and mentorship toward all Latinas. Their commitment to the goals of the LLNCCC organizations is evident by their actions.
They are involved in professional organizations, support curriculum development, foster leadership training, build bridges with the community; and mentor and empower Latinas.
The selection committee will use the following criteria for the 2019 Madrina Award recipients.
• Participation and membership in the LLNCCC organization.
• Efforts to increase discourse around current issues impacting students and professionals regarding Student Equity,
Diversity and Social Justice for Latinas in CCCs.
• Demonstration of outstanding leadership skills and training.
• Involvement in professional organizations.
• Involvement in curriculum development and/or mentoring and empowering Latinas.
• Demonstration of Latina support beyond the community college.
Madrina Award Application Guidelines:
1. Applicant must be a Latina who is a current member of the Latina Leadership Network, but may not be a current Executive Board member.
2. Nominations are open to students, classified staff, faculty, administrators, and trustees of the CCC.
3. Submit a completed nomination form that contains the following:
• Nominee's goals that relate to the advancement of Latinas.
• How the nominee has displayed leadership qualities.
• Other applicable reasons, if any, why you are recommending or nominating this colleague. (Self nominations will not be accepted)
Presentation of Awards
Award will be presented to the recipient(s) at the 32nd Annual Latina Leadership Network Conference on Friday, March 22, 2019 at Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, 555 McMurray Rd. Buellton, CA.
MADRINA AWARD - NOMIMATION FORM
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2019
Nominators & Award Recipients will be notified by March 8, 2019
First and last name
Nominee’s Home/Work Address
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges.
Terms of Service