The Health and Sport Science Club will host a Women’s Self-Defense Course Thursday, April 4, from 6:15-7:30 p.m. in the Lone Star College-Montgomery aerobics room (Commons Building, Bldg. A). The course, normally priced at $65, is free to all faculty, staff, students and the community.
This is the same course that has been taught at institutions such as the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Coca-Cola Foods, Shell Exploration and Production Company, BMC Software, United States Sports Academy, Memorial Hospital System, and many smaller companies.
The following will be covered:
• Defense against the most common strikes
• How to escape the most common grabs and holds
• Extensive training about survival on the ground
• Strategies to trick your attacker
• How to avoid a violent confrontation
• Imagine a 200 pound attacker pinning you on your back…learn how to escape safely
• Learn to disable your attacker by utilizing your strengths against the attacker’s weaknesses
More details at www.Womens-Self-Defense.org. This course has a limit of 50 participants.