COVID Rules for Members
This is a list of rules to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19. (Last updated: 4/22/2021)
1. All members must read and agree to these new rules to enter the Makerspace.
2. Access to the Makerspace will be temporarily restricted to reservation-only for members and volunteers; all members and volunteers are required to reserve time at the space ahead of their visit. Reservations can be made at:
3. Time reservations will be 4 hours max. You may not enter before your reservation, and must leave promptly when your time is up.
4. Each time you make a reservation at the space, you will be asked questions regarding symptoms. and record temperature. Please answer these as accurately as possible. If you have any doubt about your health condition or exposure status, please do not come to the Makerspace.
5. Enter and Exit through the Classroom door. There is a check-in station where you can take your temperature, sanitize your hands, and grab a spray bottle of dilute bleach.
6. Mask Policy - According to CDC guidance, if you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 you are allowed to participate in activities without a mask. We require those that have not yet been fully vaccinated to continue to wear masks while at the Makerspace.
7. Wash/Sanitize your hands immediately upon entering and before leaving.
8. Grab a spray bottle upon entering. These contain dilute bleach for sanitizing tools, equipment, and surfaces that you touch. There is also alcohol-based sanitizer for use on metal surfaces. Note: Bleach will rust metal surfaces. DO NOT USE BLEACH ON CAST IRON.
9. Stay 6 feet apart from others at all times.
10. Try to limit how many things you touch. If you can, bring a personal toolkit for little things you use regularly.
11. Try to stay mainly in one shop/area. Avoid setting up your project work area near high-use tools or high-traffic aisles.
12. Report symptoms or confirmed cases IMMEDIATELY to
if you have been in the space in the past 2 weeks.
13. Each room will have a maximum capacity. Respect the limits posted in each space. If a room is at capacity, wait for someone to leave, or quickly walk through it.
14. Please swipe your RFID tag when entering and leaving. This will help keep track of who was at the space for the purposes of contact management.
15. Recently sick? Stay away. Do not come until the following conditions have been met:
1. 3 days with no fever and
2. Symptoms improved and
3. 10 days since symptoms first appeared
16. Be responsible for enforcing these rules and keeping each other safe. If you see someone breaking these rules, say something to them or to the Manager.
17. Members and volunteers only: No guests or public visitors. (Exception: prospective members that have made an appointment, contractors performing work.)
18. If a member is caught violating these new rules, they will be notified and reminded to follow these rules. After 3 notices, your access will be temporarily suspended for 7 days. Repeated violations could result in suspension of membership.
19. If you have traveled out of the New England area, it is recommended you do not come to the Makerspace for 10 days after you returned, or have received a negative COVID test since you have returned.
20. Note: These rules may change, with or without notice, in order to comply with local, state and national regulations and to implement best practices.
BUILDING CAPACITY: 12
Limited room capacities as of 5/26/2021:
Electronics Lab - 2
Classroom - 4
Wood Shop - 4
Metal Shop - 2
Auto Shop - 4
Wood Shop 2 - 4
Soft Crafts Shop - 2
CNC Room - 1
Maximum Building Capacity: 12
I have read the above rules and agree to abide by them and encourage my fellow members to do so as well.
Your First and Last Name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Port City Makerspace.