POSTPONED - Reunion Weekend Book Club (new date TBD)
DUE TO FIRE DEMANDS FOR ONE OF OUR DISCUSSION FACILITATORS, THIS EVENT IS BEING POSTPONED. NEW DATE TO BE DETERMINED. THANK YOU!
Join ALF Senior Fellows Sara Guest and Tony DeFalco (both Class XXXIII) for a thought-provoking and wide-ranging discussion of land use, climate justice and the possibilities and pitfalls of community response using the lessons from Harney County's defeat of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge as our guide.
In advance of this discussion, we'll read Sagebrush Collaboration: How Harney County Defeated the Takeover of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge by Peter Walker, offered free by The Ford Family Foundation in exchange for a review of the book (
) or support your local bookstore or library.
Questions will be collected in advance to help guide our conversation.
This event was scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 9:30-11AM, but we need to POSTPONE.
Sign-up below and we will contact you when we have a new date.
Email address (we will use this email address to send you the link to join the call )
ALF Oregon Class Number
JJCL Class I
We ask that you follow these Zoom Video call guidelines:
* Please join via the video, not just audio if you can.
* When you are not actively participating, please mute your microphone.
* Choose a place or location that is not overly distracting or noisy that will allow you to fully participate.
* Avoid bright lights or big windows behind you as it puts your face in shadow and we can't see you.
* Check out the wifi in advance! Make sure your reception is strong.
* Refrain from checking email or working on other things while on the call.
If you have any questions or need technical assistance prior to the call, please contact Kelley Whitmore via email,
or call her cell phone, 617-792-9112. If you have questions about the book discussion itself or want to propose questions, contact Sara Guest at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service