Survival Coalition Direct Care Survey
Survival Coalition and the Long-term Care Workforce Alliance want to hear from you about ways the direct care workforce shortage is impacting your life.
Personal Care Workers, Supportive Home Care Workers, Certified Nursing Assistance, Job Coaches, Therapy Aides, Respite Workers and Daily Living Skills Trainers are some of the ways Wisconsin refers to the direct care workforce. They help people with eating, meal preparation, dressing, bathing, work supports, mobility assistance, and other supports.
1. How hard is it for you to find direct care workers?
Neither hard nor easy
2. What makes it hard to find direct care workers?(Check all that apply)
The worker wants to be paid more than I can pay.
No available workers where I live
There are no workers available at the time of day I need help
I need help on weekends
I need a lot of hours
I don't need many hours
I can't find quality workers (i.e. workers don't show up)
3. Do you have enough workers to work all of your shifts?
4. About how many times a month are you not able to find someone to work?
5. What happens when you don't have a direct care worker? Check all that apply.
I will have to move or I am thinking about moving.
I had to quit my job or miss work days because I don't have a worker.
I have to miss school when I can't find a worker.
I don't feel safe at home; more fearful.
Missed a medical appointment
I have had to stay in bed all day.
I have had to spend the night in my wheelchair.
Missed a meal
Miss my medication or other needed treatment
6. Are you or your natural support considering any of the following because you can't find direct care workers?
Moving out of an apartment or community living arrangement
Quitting a job
Going without assistance
7. What do you do when you can't find a worker to hire?
Get help from an unpaid friend or neighbor
Get help from an unpaid family member
Go without assistance
Get help from a stranger
8. Do you get sick more often when you don't have enough direct care staff?
9. Do you have a story about how the direct care workforce crisis has impacted you that you would like us to share? Please tell us what county you live in so we can share with lawmakers in your community. (Optional Question)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service