The Dance House (IEFA Book Club Registration) Autumn 2020
The text used in this self-paced online book study targets high school student and adult readers; however, teachers of all grades and content areas will build background knowledge and learn instructional strategies that will facilitate the integration of Indian Education for All. Participants will read and review the Essential Understandings of Montana Indians and the book, The Dance House by Joseph Marshall III. The primary text includes essays and short stories from the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation in South Dakota. The Essential Understandings Regarding Montana Indians will serve as a guide for critical analysis of The Dance House.
Through readings, examinations of high-quality and authentic literature and teaching materials, participants will explore a variety of literature and professional teaching materials and develop strategies, a lesson plan and a final project for the immediate integration of IEFA into their classrooms.
This course is the equivalent to 15 classroom hours (15 OPI renewal units), which is the equivalent of 1 university credit. This is a self-paced course, but do not expect to complete it in one sitting!
Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame.
You can register for the course now or any time before November 15, 2020; with course completion by December 15, 2020.
Sindie Kennedy (
Erin Lipkind (
Michele McGuire (
Registration fee: $150
Credit: 15 OPI Renewal Units or 1 Semester Credit (semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155. The course instructor will provide a separate registration form). The total cost savings is 12% by going through WMPLC to get university continuing education credits.
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email.
* If you are taking the course for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester (Autumn 2020).
* If you are taking the course for University of Montana semester credits, complete the course and submit the form and additional payment of $155 by December 15, 2020. The semester credit registration form will be shared with you when your registration is received. You will then need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the date listed above. The instructor will collect all of the registration forms and send them together to the U of M at the end of the semester.
Obtaining copies of the books: Check your school /district or local library. Amazon and other online booksellers often have used copies available. The instructor is available to assist with locating copies, if needed.
Event Number: 21521024
EDU 455 and C&I 555
brought to you by:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Western Montana Professional Learning Collaborative.