The NAYLC program will support high school students - who are immigrants or children/grandchildren of immigrants - in their pathways to success, and in developing skills and knowledge in support of their leadership development, community engagement and advocacy, civic participation, financial management and pursuit of higher education.
NAYLC participants will engage in a series of interactive workshops in New York City on Wednesdays @ 4:30pm-7pm in 2016 on:
- February 10 & 24;
- March 9 & 23;
- April 6, 20 & 27;
and will be given the opportunity to complete 12 or more hours of volunteer service between February 10 and April 27, 2016, where they will apply what they learned in the workshops to activities in support of immigrant communities and nonprofit organizations that serve them.
The NAYLC program is supported with generous funding from Citi Community Development.
In order to be eligible for the NAYLC program, applicants must be:
- an immigrant or a child/grandchild of an immigrant;
- currently enrolled in high school;
- interested in attending college;
- available to participate in all of the scheduled NAYLC workshops;
- available to commit to 12 or more hours of volunteer service between February 10 and April 27, 2016.
Applicants from households with less than $57,033 in income will be prioritized for spots within the NAYLC program.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.