GBSHOF Amateur Sports Development Fund Application
The Amateur Sports Development Fund provides grants to athletes, teams, and organizations in WNY to support foster their pursuit of a higher level of athletic achievement. To qualify for a grant:
1. The athlete, team, or organization must be amateur in nature and be from the greater Buffalo region.
2. The athlete, team, or organization may apply to fund a specific need or piece of equipment that will improve performance in a competitive event (i.e. new skis for a downhill racer representing Buffalo in a national championship)
3. The athlete, team, or organization may apply to fund a capital project to improve facilities.
4. An athlete, team, or organization may apply to fund travel to a national or international event provided that the event has an objective qualification process as opposed to an open or invitation style event.
5. Funds requested cannot supplement an athlete, team, or organization's normal operating budget.
6. Repeat applicants may apply provided the purpose of the request is different than the previous award
7. Applications must be completed and turned in by the May 1st deadline. Requests outside of those highlighted above will be given non-priority consideration.