(Re)STORE Retreat * Abingdon * Aug 10-13, 2020
Survivors of Trauma Obtaining Resilience and Empowerment
The (Re)STORE program uses Peer Recovery Specialists to facilitate trauma-informed training and recovery support for crime or trauma survivors anywhere in Virginia. MHAV is known for its mental health recovery and empowerment trainings, provided throughout Virginia and funded by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health for over 15 years. (Re)STORE adapts MHAV’s current recovery programming to help fill the gap in community mental health recovery services for adults who have been affected by crime or are in recovery from trauma. The goal is to facilitate ongoing recovery by using a strengths-based approach to empower individuals toward self-advocacy.
Total cost for those who do not qualify for a scholarship or choose to self-pay is $500 which includes tuition, materials, meals, & lodging.
Application deadline is July 10, 2020.
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if all required documentation is not received by the application deadlines.
1. Complete self-assessment and background questions
2. Proof of Virginia residency and demonstration of financial need (for scholarship applicants)
3. Two references who can attest to the applicant's individual recovery and qualities in a group dynamic
Completed Application Deadline: 30 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Include reference contact information and complete answers to questions
Supporting Documents Deadline: 21 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Proof of Virginia Residency
- Completed Reference Questionnaires (Applicant is responsible for ensuring questionnaires are returned promptly to MHAV)
Cancellation Deadline: 14 Days Prior to Program Start Date
- Contact MHAV to confirm or cancel attendance
How did you hear about us?
Word of Mouth
Community Service Board
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Mental Health America of Virginia (MHAV).