"Toronto Made" Manufacturer/Maker Survey
The City of Toronto’s Economic Development & Culture division (EDC) is currently examining the feasibility of a “Toronto Made” brand for locally produced products. Such brands exist in many other cities in Canada and the US including SFMade (San Francisco), Made in YVR (Vancouver) and Made in NYC (New York City).
Many of these examples don’t just provide a common brand identity, but also provide business supports and marketing opportunities for member businesses in the brand. With small businesses in Toronto facing unprecedented pressures due to COVID-19, there is a need and an opportunity to support local manufacturers and makers as much as possible to help boost their revenue, stability and profitability so they can survive and thrive, continue to work and employ Torontonians and support the city’s vitality.
We are currently in the research phase and are looking to talk to different producers and manufacturers about what such a brand might mean to them. EDC has partnered with Civic Hall Toronto (
), a program of Code for Canada (
), and ThinkFresh Group (
) to conduct this feasibility assessment and determine how we might achieve this.
If you have a moment, we would like to invite you to provide your thoughts on the questions below so that we may better understand how such an initiative might best support manufacturers and makers in Toronto.
All responses submitted will be anonymized and only shared with EDC as part of the feasibility assessment.
We thank you in advance for your time! If you have any questions, please contact us at:
This survey has been extended and will now close on October 7 2020 at 11:59pm EDT
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
My business is called:
Is your business based in Toronto?
1 a) How would you classify your business?
Small Manufacturer (<20 staff)
Medium Manufactuter (20-50 staff)
Large Manufacturer (>50 staff)
1. b) Tell us a bit about your business. What do you sell? How did you start? What is your vision?
2. When you hear “Toronto Made” what do you envision/think about?
3. a) Do you resonate with the idea?
3. b) What could “Toronto Made” means to you & your business?
4. a) Are your customers often looking for locally made products?
4. b) How do you think this branding could help your customers?
5. a) We’re thinking about what value-added services this brand should be about. What would get you to join a "Toronto Made" branding?
5. b) Are there any particular business needs/challenges that this brand could help you to solve that could be value-added services?
5. c) What would be an appropriate value that you would pay for this?
6. Where do you see your business in the next 5 years?
7. Anything else you would like to share?
Would you be interested in participating in a focus group in October 2020 about Toronto Made?
If you answered "Yes" to the above, please provide us with your email so we can be in touch!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ThinkFresh Group.