Information about telehealth
• Some expected benefits of telepsychology: greater access to services, more convenience when accessing services, and less exposure to contagions.
• Some possible risks of telepsychology: reduced information available for accurate assessment and treatment when compared with in-person psychology, delays in assessment or treatment due to technical difficulties, interception of or unauthorized access of health care information, and limitations on the psychologist's ability to respond to emergency situations.
• The same rules of confidentiality apply for telepsychology services as in-person services.
• Sometimes telepsychology is not appropriate for the care you need. In that case, we should make other arrangements such as meeting in person or finding a referral that better suits your needs.
• In cases of emergency, the psychologist may send police, emergency medical personal, or others if needed to your location.