The Latino Perfect Pitch will play a prominent role at Hispanicize 2017 so this is a great opportunity to not only secure some capital but to gain national recognition and possibly more. Three finalists will present their business concepts for a chance to win the grand prize.
Please read the following competition rules CAREFULLY (re-read them, if necessary) and see you in Miami!
COMPETITION TIMELINESubmission Deadline March 10thFinalists Announced March 17thFinalists Present Pitch Wednesday, April 5th at Hispanicize 2017 in MiamiWinner Announced Wednesday, April 5th
COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY / REQUIREMENTS
- The competition is open to anyone who operates a recently launched venture or a business that has been in existence no more than five years.
- The competition is open to everybody, regardless of ethnic heritage/background.
- The startup can be in, but is not limited to, one or more of the following fields: Social Media, Media, Journalism, Film, Music, Marketing, Technology and/or Entertainment.
- The startup does not have to be focused on the U.S. Latino Market.
Submissions should include:
1. A one- to two-minute YouTube video introduction briefly and VERY SIMPLY describing your idea’s unique value proposition and why you should be awarded the prize; you must provide a link to the YouTube video
2. A concise two-page business plan overview or description. It must be submitted as a PDF document.
3. If your concept/idea has already begun to roll out, you OPTIONALLY can provide a sample case study (PDF document)
4. A headshot (hi res) and professional bio of yourself and/or your partners.
SELECTION AND SCORING GUIDELINES
Submissions will be privately judged on the following criteria utilizing a scale of 1 – 5 (five being excellent and 1 being poor):
30% Originality of Business Concept- Demonstrates a unique and innovative business concept that differentiates itself from other businesses.- Demonstrates an idea that can scale (i.e. a concept that can grow to be big) - Clearly show the long run viability of the business- Showcase how this business concept makes an impact in your community
40% Business Pitch- Clear articulation of a business plan and model.- Concise explanation on why the business should be selected to win.
30% Package Quality- Submission is visually appealing, clean and creative. - Demonstrates professionalism. - Impactful case study (if applicable)