The Latino Perfect Pitch will play a prominent role at Hispanicize 2016 so this is a great opportunity to not only score some funds but to gain national recognition and possibly more. Please read the following competition rules CAREFULLY (re-read them, if necessary) and see you in Miami! COMPETITION TIMELINESubmission Deadline Monday, March 7Extended Deadline! Monday, March 14Finalists Announced Week of March 21stFinalists Present Pitch Thursday, April 7 at Hispanicize 2016 in MiamiWinner Announced Thursday, April 7
COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY / REQUIREMENTS
- Competition is open to registrants that operate a recently launched venture or a business that has been in existence no more than five years.- The competition is open to everybody, regardless of ethnic heritage/background. - The startup can be in, but not limited to, one or more of the following fields: Social Media, Journalism, Film, Music, Marketing, Technology and/or Entertainment. - The startup does not have to be focused on the U.S. Latino Market. In addition, we will provide MANDATORY pitch coaching to all the startups selected via a YouTube video in March you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zfIcHE7Fk.
Submissions should include: 1. A one-minute YouTube video introduction briefly and VERY SIMPLY describing your idea’s unique value proposition and why you should be awarded the prize; you must provide a link to the YouTube video2. A concise two-page business plan overview. It must be submitted as a PDF document.3. If your concept/idea has already begun to roll out, you OPTIONALLY can provide a sample case study (PDF document)4. A headshot (hi res) and professional bio
SELECTION AND SCORING GUIDELINES Submissions will be privately judged on the following criteria utilizing a scale of 1 – 5 (five being excellent and 1 being poor):
30% Originality of Business Concept- Demonstrates a unique and innovative business concept that differentiates itself from other businesses.- Demonstrates an idea that can scale (i.e. a concept that can grow to be big) - Clearly show the long run viability of the business- Showcase how this business concept makes an impact in your community
40% Business Pitch- Clear articulation of your business plan and model.- Concise explanation on why your business should be selected.
30% Package Quality- Submission is visually appealing, clean and creative. - Demonstrates professionalism. - Impactful case study (if applicable)
1. How To Enter: Promotion begins on February 8, 2016 and ends at on March 7, 2016. To enter you must submit the requested materials during the above timeframe and per the guidelines indicated in the Event Announcement. All entries must be in English and entrant’s original work. At Sponsor's sole discretion, entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language, including profanity. All entries must be posted by 5:00pm PST on Monday, March 7, 2016, when the promotion ends.
2. Participation: Promotion is open to legal residents of all 50 States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Hispanicize Media Group (Hispanicize), and the Giveaway Sponsor are not eligible to participate. This promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law.
3. Winner Validation: Finalists and Winner will be selected by a panel of judges. There will also be a Fan Favorite Winner selected by the audience at Hispanicize 2016. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the judging organization. Finalists will be notified via email and winner will be announced in-person at Hispanicize 2016. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and can be used in advertising or otherwise without any compensation to entrants. Winner agrees to permit Hispanicize and the Giveaway Sponsor to use her or his name, voice, photo, or likeness for reasonable promotional and marketing purposes for up to 90 days after the end of the Promotion.
4. Prizes and Odds: The Latino Perfect Pitch Contest Winner: $5,000 and $1,500 in press release services from Hispanicize Wire.
a. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution of prize is permitted, except by Sponsor due to prize availability and then with prize of equal or greater value. Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specified as included in the prize. If Winner is a minor under applicable state law, parent or legal guardian must sign all documents and accept prize on behalf of minor. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received during the Entry Period.
b. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a Winner with their Prize, the Sponsor may elect, to provide such Winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value.
c. Instructions on how to claim prizes will be provided to the Winners within 48hours of the conclusion of the Hispanicize 2016 live event.
5. General Conditions: By entering, you agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless Wells Fargo, Hispanicize, and their respective affiliated and parent companies, and related entities including officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each; advertising and promotion agencies from all claims or damages arising out of your participation in this promotion and/or acceptance, ownership or use of any prize. If for any reason any portion of the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion. Hispanicize and Sponsor reserve the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry process, and to award prizes among eligible entries not affected by the problem. Hispanicize will provide the name of the winners for any Giveaway, upon request, for 90 days after that Giveaway’s entry period ends.
Sponsor: Wells Fargo