Week 16 of Laws of the Game quiz 2017-2018 - questions by Dutch Referee Blog
The monthly prize will (randomly) be alloted to one of the contestants who scored the most points in a particular month. If you want your weekly scores to be summed up, make sure you write down the same email address and user name every week.
NB: if you only want to practice the Laws of the Game you don't have to fill out the user name and email address.
Test your knowledge and become a better referee! You can see your score after you submitted the form.
1. A defender wants to kick the ball out of play, but it rebounds off the assistant referee who is positioned on the line. The ball has not wholly passed over the touchline. The attacker receives the ball and runs towards the goal. After he has entered the penalty area he is illegally fouled in a challenge for the ball. The attacker was in an obvious goal-scoring position. What does the referee decide?
Restart the game with a throw-in
Restart the game with a penalty kick and show a red card
Restart the game with a penalty kick and show a yellow card
Restart the game with a dropped ball
2. When is the whistle NOT needed?
To restart play after a goal
To restart play after it has been stopped for a substitution
To restart play after it has been stopped for a injury
To restart play from a dropped ball
3. Up to five substitutes may be used during a game. The competition rules must state how many substitutes may be named, ...
from five to a maximum of twelve.
from three to a maximum of twelve.
from three to a maximum of eleven.
from three to a maximum of five.
4. A player is in offside position. She receives the ball from a goal kick. She runs towards the goal and scores. What does the referee decide?
Allow the goal only if he receives it from the opponent’s goalkeeper.
Allow the goal
Allow the goal only if the player receives it from his own goalkeeper
Disallow the goal
5. A player tries to head-butt his opponent near the halfway line, but does not touch him. What does the referee decide?
Whistle, restart play with a direct free kick and show the offender a red card
Whistle, restart play with a direct free kick and show the offender a yellow card
Whistle, restart play with an indirect free kick and show the offender a red card
Do you want to become a better referee and receive a weekly newsletter with useful tips and interesting stories?
Yes, I'd like to receive the weekly Dutch Referee Blog newsletter
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service