2020 RAOA SOFTBALL QUIZ Week 2
Even though we're not currently on the field, it's still a good idea to keep our brains sharp.
What is your name?
1. R2 is on second base. On the pitch, R2 heads for third base and B3 bunts the ball down the first-base line. As F3 fields the ball and starts toward B3 to tag her, B3 retreats towards home plate to avoid the tag. After stepping back two feet, B3 is tagged by F3. R2 had reached third base before B3 began her retreat.
a. B3 is out on the tag and the ball remains live.
b. The ball is dead the moment B3 stepped back, B3 is declared out and R2 is placed back on second base.
c. The ball is dead the moment B3 stepped back, B3 is declared out and R2 is allowed to stay on third base.
d. Both B3 and R2 are ruled out due to interference.
2. With the bases loaded and two outs, B4 hits an outside pitch over the right-field fence. In reaching to make contact with the pitch, B4 has only the heel of her cleat in contact with the batter’s box line when she makes contact.
a. This is legal and the home-run counts. Four runs score.
b. The entire foot must be within the lines of the batter’s box and the batter is called out. No runs score.
3. With a 3-2 count, B1 swings at a high and inside rise ball. B1 completely misses the pitch that subsequently hits her in the shoulder.
a. The ball is dead and B1 is awarded first base for a hit by pitch.
b. The ball is dead, a foul ball is called and B1 remains at bat.
c. The ball is dead and B1 is called out for strike three.
4. R1 is on first base with one out. B1’s line drive is caught by F4, who throws to F3 to double up R1, who was running on the pitch. U1 ruled R1 left early on the pitch.
a. The ball is immediately dead when R1 left early, R1 is ruled out and no pitch is declared.
b. The ball is delayed dead when R1 left early and the defense has the option of taking the out for leaving early or take the result of the play, which was a double play.
c. The offensive team is given a team warning for leaving early and any further leaving early will result in the ejection of that player, and all play stands.
5. With no outs, R1 on first base and R2 on second base, B3 hits a ground ball to F6. F6 throws to F4 to force out R1 at second base. F4 throws the ball to F3 at first base and U1 declares B3 safe. B3, thinking she was out, walks off the base and enters her dugout before her coach yells at her to return to first base.
a. The ball remains live and B3 has the opportunity to return to first if she can make it there before being tagged out by the defense.
b. The ball remains live and B3 is ruled out for abandonment.
c. This is an appeal play.
6. With the bases loaded and two outs, B1 hits a home run. The defensive head coach notifies the plate umpire the bat used by B1 is a non-approved bat. The home-plate umpire checks the bat and notices there are no certification marks and agrees it is a non-approved bat.
a. The home run counts, and the offensive team is given a warning.
b. B1 is declared out, no runs score and both B1 and the head coach are ejected.
c. B1 is declared out, no runs score and the head coach is given a warning.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service