The Central Falls Police Department is looking for career-minded, ethically sound and professionally motivated people to join the ranks of our department. If you think you have what it takes to apply for this position, please complete this Preliminary Employment Application.
Application period: 9:00 AM, January 8th, 2018 to 12:00 PM, March 1st, 2018.
Qualifications- All applicants for the position of police officer must meet the following standards and requirements:
1. Graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate;
2. Must be eighteen (18) years of age to apply.
3. A United States Citizen.
4. Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
5. Possess an Associate's Degree /or/ completed enlistment period in the U.S. Armed Forces and Honorable Discharged /or/can document a minimum of one (1) year of full time service in the field of Law Enforcement.
6. Cannot have been convicted of or otherwise admitted to having committed any felony in a court of law. A conviction or admission to a misdemeanor may be considered a disqualifying factor depending upon the totality of the circumstances (i.e., sentence, facts and circumstances surrounding the incident, distance in time, nature of the incident).
7. Must be of good moral character and habits
8. Must be in good health and meet physical, medical, and psychological requirements essential to the position and entry into the Rhode Island Municipal Police Training Academy.
All items in the application must be filled in completely, correctly, and to the best of your knowledge be true. By completing this application you are acknowledging that you possess all of the minimum qualifications.
Any applications that are incomplete can result in the rejection of the application.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
The Central Falls Police Department strictly adheres to the city’s equal opportunity policy that prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, veteran’s status, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap, and political affiliation.
You have an obligation to notify the City of Central Falls Personnel Office at the address below of any changes that occur:
Department of Human ResourcesCentral Falls City Hall580 Broad StreetCentral Falls, RI 02863 Upon completion of the physical agility test, if you are eligible for further consideration, you will be required to complete a full Application for Employment and submit documentation that you have obtained the minimum qualifications.
Successful completion of a required background investigation, medical and psychological evaluation is required for continued consideration in the selection process.
***Test dates and times are subject to change*** Applicants will be notified of any changes made.