Vienna Calling II / "All you need is love"
An Atelier Coolpool and ArtCan Group Exhibition featuring 30-35 international and Austrian artists in Vienna, located at Galerie Art Pool Vienna.
Abstract from Manfredo Weihs, Curator
After the great success of the group exhibition Vienna Calling 2018 in Vienna, a continuation in 2020 of Vienna Calling with the theme "All you need is love" is planned.
The Name Vienna Calling is a song title by the Viennese singer Falco, who sadly died way too early.
We chose this title in 2018 for the 20th anniversary of his death and made his song and his person an exhibition theme.
The continuation "Vienna Calling II" with the exhibition theme of a Beatles song "All you need is Love" is not only a friendship message for our artist colleagues from ArtCan in London, but also to the whole world, in this, the Beatles' 60th year anniversary.
Art knows no borders, the exchange of art and their collective communities will not be influenced or prevented by politics or religion. Not only does the Atelier Coolpool support this idea, we also live it.
The topic “All you need is love” should also set an example. We are currently living in a time when hate posting and fake news meet us on the Internet, getting to know each other is becoming increasingly difficult. The digital world seems to have us under its full control. We are artists, we want to meet, chat, stimulate, talk, encourage, wake up, fuck, drink, move and work with each other, create communities and forge networks and we must use the internet for this!
This is an exhibition opportunity for 30 - 35 ArtCan members and Austrian / local artists from the fields of painting, drawing, photography and sculpture to participate in the joint exhibition “Vienna Calling II” at Galerie Art Pool Vienna.
The artist Manfredo Weihs, member of ArtCan and co-founder of Atelier Coolpool is curating the exhibition.
This curated show is a showcase for artists responding to the title, format and curatorial vision therefore please note the curators decision is final.
Galerie Art Pool Vienna
c/o Atelier Coolpool
Facebook and Instagram @ateliercoolpool
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @artcanorg
Will this exhibition opportunity suit you?
We are looking for the following:
1 artwork per artist with the dimensions:
- For 2D maximum width 90cm / height up to 150cm (including frame)
- For 3D maximum diameter 60cm / height up to 150cm
- Multiple submissions are possible for smaller works in 2D and 3D
- There is no restriction on the content however please check the concept of your work with the curator before beginning the creative process.
- It is hoped that you will attend the private view in support of this exhibition.
Exhibition Run: September 25th - October 9th 2020
Private View: September 25th 2020
Finissage (end of exhibition): October 9th 2020
Application form closes: April 22th 2020
Notification of participation: April 29th 2020
Please note the following terms and conditions:
1. All works must be original art works responding to the title of the exhibition.
2. There is a participation fee of £40.00 payable on selection to the exhibition.
3. Each artist must realise that this is a collaborative process and if asked for information they should do so promptly and respectfully!
4. Each artist must deliver their own artwork on the given dates, the curator will provide information closer to the date. (note there is a plan to ship works over in bulk to the gallery so please bear this in mind!)
5. Each artist must arrange for their own insurance policies to cover their artworks for the duration of the exhibition.
6. Artists must cover their own costs to participate / attend the private view / exhibition.
7. All profits made through personal artwork sales will go in its entirety to you, the artist. The gallery takes no commission, 100% goes to the artist.
Do you agree to the terms and conditions?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ArtCan Arts Organisation.