Research Tracker and Facilitator for Assessment of COVID-19 Experiences and Mental Health
This research tracking and facilitation initiative is led by Professor Maree Teesson, Associate Professor Cath Chapman, Associate Professor Tim Slade and Dr Matthew Sunderland at The Matilda Centre, the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Prevention and Early Intervention of Mental Illness and Substance Use (PREMISE) at The University of Sydney and Professor Phil Batterham at the Australian National University.
The aim is to track and share research being undertaken on COVID-19 and mental health by Australian researchers. Participants are researchers at the Matilda Centre, our PREMISE partnering institutions and other collaborators. We are interested in research you may be undertaking with your existing cohorts, as well as new research you may be planning or conducting. This is a targeted project to help facilitate collaboration among our major research groups.
If you wish to be part of this initiative, please fill out this form. All information added to this form will be made available to other researchers who have added their study to the tracker so we can share and be aware of the research being undertaken at our Centres.
We have established an OSF page (
) to facilitate wider sharing of information and we have a question below about this to seek your permission to publicly share basic information about your study.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Dr Matt Sunderland, Senior Research Fellow and Program Lead, Methodology and Measurement, Matilda Centre (
1. What is the first and last name of the CI, project lead or lead author?
2. What is the name and email for the main study contact?
3. What is the Twitter handle of the CI, project lead or lead author?
4. What is the university or institution of the CI, project lead or lead author?
5. What is today's date
6. What is the current status of your project? (Please tick all that apply).
Under HREC review
Looking for funding
Manuscript under review
7. What is the short title of your project?
8. Is your project currently funded?
Yes external - please specify in the Other option below
9. What is the study design?
Longitudinal cohort study
Repeated cross-sectional study
10. What are the data collection method/s employed in this study? (Please tick all that apply).
Self-report questionnaires (online or pen and paper)
Interview (phone or video)
Ecological momentary assessment
Passive mobile sensing
11. What is the primary measure you are using to assess mental health/psychological distress? (E.g. Kessler-10, PHQ-9, etc.).
12. What are the countries in which data for this study is being collected (if being collected outside of Australia)?
13. Are there any other collaborators on this project? Please list them in the following format "First Name Last Name (University/Institution)".
14. When is the first/next wave of data collection occurring?
15. Does this study leverage an existing sample that has already been studied? If so, please describe that sample.
16. What age range is being targeted?
17. Is this study being specifically conducted with any of the following groups? (Please tick all that apply).
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Peoples
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
18. What settings is this study being conducted in? (Please tick all that apply).
19. Please provide a short description of the study goals and methods, if known.
20. If you have one, please provide a URL or link to a summary of your research plan, development paper, or trial protocol paper.
21. Are you interested in data sharing?
Yes, I already ask participants to consent to data sharing
Yes, but I need help with how to ask participants to consent to data sharing
Maybe, tell me more
22. Do you think it would be useful to put this information on an Open Science Framework (OSF) landing page to share with the wider research community?
What information are you willing to share from this survey on the OSF page? (Please tick all that apply).
Title of study
Data collection methods
When is the first/next wave of data collection occurring
What age range is being targeted
Brief summary of the project aims/research questions
Please confirm that you are aware that information added to this form will be made available other researchers who have added their study to the tracker
Yes, I am aware that information added to this form will be made available other researchers who have added their study to the tracker
24. Are there any other comments you wish to make about this initiative?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service