Assist with a wide variety of projects that encompass the fall, spring or summer semester at the Spartanburg Youth Theatre. The intern will see how a children’s theatre works in a professional environment and learn how the theatre completes tasks necessary to market productions, provide quality education in conservatory classes, produce top-notch stage productions, and create an efficient office environment where these tasks can be completed.
• Open to junior and senior college students, graduate students, and recent graduates; however, freshman and sophomores may still be considered
• No financial compensation is available for this position
• Travel and housing arrangements are not provided and are the responsibility of the student
• Early morning, late evening and/or weekend participation may be required
• Part-time opportunities are available, with a minimum of 10 hours per week
• Specific intern duties can be catered to applicant’s areas of interest within the theatre arts, such as arts administration, teaching, directing, etc.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful and an independent thinker who is highly interested in working in the educational theatre industry
AREAS OF FOCUS
• Perform necessary office tasks
• Assist with social media strategies and posts
• Assist SYT director with various research projects
• Assist in the development and updating of contact lists
• Participate in brainstorming sessions and the execution of marketing ideas
• Assist instructors in afternoon conservatory classes (as schedule allows)
• Assist in acquiring props and costumes for current production
• Assist director in rehearsals for current production
• Assist during tech week of current production (as scheduled allows)
• Assist during school show days of current production (as schedule allows)
• Assist during the public performances of current production
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
College Currently Enrolled
If you have already graduated, please write "Graduated"
Current Year of College
(freshman, sophomore, etc) - If applying for summer internship, please list your rising year for the upcoming fall - If you have already graduated, please write "Graduated."
Internship Applying For
Do you have Microsoft Office experience?
Are you currently majoring in theatre or education?
Are you within commuting distance of Spartanburg, SC?
Do you have a dependable means of transportation to get you to and from the internship consistently?
Please list any relevant experience you have within the theatre industry
What are your dates of availability?
How many hours per week would you be available to work?
Why are you the best candidate for this internship?
If you have a resume with additional information you would like to submit, please email to email@example.com. Please still submit this application in addition to sending resume.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service