As COVID-19 remains an ongoing public health and safety concern, the Craft Center will continue to operate cautiously. We are not requiring proof of vaccination to visit or participate in our programs. To keep EVERYONE-- vaccinated or unvaccinated-- safe, we ask that all visitors, students, renters, staff, and faculty continue to wear masks while on-site. This applies to all youth, teens, and adults.
Everyone accessing the studios is asked to recognize and accept their role as part of a greater community effort that is required to help maintain the safety of all
members by being proactive about:
1.) Health self-assessment
2.) Following all studio guidelines
3.) Participating fully in the support of sanitization efforts that are required to maintain a healthy work environment.
To maintain the safety and health of the entire WCC community, we ask that all students, renters, staff, instructors, and faculty continue to adhere to the following rules:
1. DO NOT attend class or enter the Center if:
• You have tested positive for COVID-19
• You or another household member is ill and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, which according to the CDC, include:
• Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea
• You have travelled internationally in the past 10 days by airplane, bus, or train or have travelled out-of-state without being fully vaccinated. Travel increases risk of COVID-19 contraction and transmission. For current CDC guidance on domestic travel, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
2. Any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has symptoms should not visit/return to the WCC for 5 days following the onset of symptoms or a positive test. You must also have no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication prior to your visit/return.
3. All visitors, students, faculty, and staff are REQUIRED to wear face coverings while on the property. In accordance with WSU policies as of January 2022, the use of cloth masks is no longer sufficient for meeting the mask requirement. Surgical style masks are now required to be worn while on the Worcester Center for Crafts’ premises and studios.
4. DO NOT bring food or consumables into the studios.
5. DO NOT eat or drink in the studios.
6. If a student (or anyone in their household) is suspected of having COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, they should notify the Craft Center immediately by emailing your instructor or the Registration Office (firstname.lastname@example.org
). Your privacy will be respected; however, we will take necessary action to communicate any potential spread of the virus, including closing for a short time to clean and disinfect the building.
7. Non-compliance with these rules may result in denial of service.