Request Form for Ship-to-Shore Connections with R/V Falkor
Would you like your classroom, museum, or aquarium to connect with scientists onboard research vessel Falkor? Please fill out the form below.
Live connections are available for 30 to 45 minute sessions. The video chat will include a virtual tour of the vessel, real-time activities of crew and instruments, and interaction with science team members as they discuss their fieldwork. A Question and Answer period will wrap up the session.
CRUISE OPPORTUNITIES CAN BE VIEWED HERE:
• Students/audience in grade five (10 yrs. old) or higher
• A designated person who will host the event and coordinate with Schmidt Ocean Institute staff
• A laptop with video connection and projector
• Good sound system/speaker capabilities
• Decent internet bandwidth, and the ability to connect via Google Hangouts
• A commitment to prepare the students for the interaction by sharing about the cruise (you can follow the daily blogs).
Connection priority will be given on a first-come basis. If selected, you will be contacted with further instructions. If you have any questions please email:
Your Full Name
Your Daytime Contact Number
Name of School or Institution
Grade or Audience
Number of Students or Particpants
Are you willing to share your connection with up to two other classrooms?
Would you like to be added to our educator list serve and receive notifications about live dives and other live connection opportunities?
Please indicate 1st, 2nd and 3rd date choice for a live connection
Time Availability (indicate time zone please)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Schmidt Ocean Institute.