· Must be present on production night.
· Must be present at weekly budget meetings.
· Hold office hours for a minimum of 12 hours per week Tuesday through Friday.
· Ensure all staff are in appropriate SLACK channels and have CAMAYAK access.
· Be knowledgeable in AP style, grammar, spelling, punctuation and journalism standards.
· Maintain an on-call schedule of copyeditors for breaking news.
· Communicate effectively with other section editors when there is a question about a story.
· Hold weekly copy meetings open to all The University Star staff.
· Meet deadlines.
· Check University Star email account several times a day.
· Reply to applications within 24 hours.
· Reply to emails within 24 hours.
· Assist with contest entries as needed.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meetings.
· Ensure all content meets the highest standards of journalistic ethics.