MCCPTA 32nd Annual Special Education Recognition Nomination Form
The MCCPTA Special Education Committee is seeking nominations that reflect outstanding contributions to the success of students with disabilities by students, parents, educators, and programs. The criteria for selection and other information are below. Your statement of nomination should provide specific details that clearly reflect one or more of the criteria for the nominated category, as provided under the Nomination Criteria.
Supporting statements from students, parents, and/or other educators should be included in the Support Statements section.
if you have questions.
Nominations are open immediately.
Nominations are due by March 31st, 2020 at midnight.
Winners will be notified the week of April 6th, 2020.
Awards will be presented at a ceremony on Monday, May 4, 2020, 5:00–9:30 p.m. at Rockville HS.
Why we do this
Each spring the MCCPTA Special Education Committee holds a recognition ceremony to honor educators, programs, parents, and students who foster acceptance and provide outstanding support to students with special needs in MCPS during the school year. Various guests include families, MCPS teachers and staff, community members, MCCPTA leadership, MCPS administrators, members of the Montgomery County Board of Education and the Montgomery County Council.
This ceremony is an important way for the special needs community to say thank you to those who through instinct, creativity, empathy, patience, and determination, help our children enjoy success. It is also a way to acknowledge the benefits of investing in programs for students with disabilities.
Category of your nomination
Email address of Nominee (we plan to notify nominees via email, so this is important)
Address, phone number and any other contact information you can provide for the Nominee
YOUR NAME as the nominating person. Please provide your contact information so we can contact you if we have questions about your nomination. NOTE - You cannot nominate yourself and we ask that you limit yourself to no more than 2 nominations per category.
What schools are YOU, the NOMINATING person, associated with?
Are you a
Other MCPS employee
Criteria for selection
Each nomination should reflect at least one of the criteria listed below for the relevant category of Students, Parents, Staff and Programs. Your statement should provide specific details that clearly reflect one or more of the criteria for the nominated category, as provided under the Nomination Criteria section. Supporting statements from students, parents, and/or other educators should be included for all categories! Supporting statements from nominating person and others should be included.
Students: Any student who has made an outstanding contribution to school objectives, programs, or activities in one or more of the following ways:
1. Actively participating in school programs that increase peer acceptance and support of individual differences
2. Providing direct assistance, friendship, and encouragement to students with special needs
3. Demonstrating leadership in student activities to promote a spirit of caring, belonging, and cooperation among the student body
Parents: A Special Education Chairperson or other parent who has made an outstanding contribution to school and/or community programs that benefit students with special needs in one or more of the following ways:
1. Disseminating valuable information to staff and/or parents
2. Planning and conducting staff and/or parent training programs
3. Providing support to school programs by organizing volunteers or providing direct in-school assistance
4. Providing support to parents through participation in group meetings, PTA functions, or IEP conferences
Educators: Any staff member who has provided consistently outstanding services to advance the success of students with special needs in at least one of the following ways:
1. Providing school leadership in developing or carrying out instructional or social practices to promote achievement and participation of students with special needs. (e.g. organizing a Special Needs Awareness Week)
2. Demonstrating teaching practices in the classroom (special education or regular education) which enable achievement and participation of students with special needs (e.g. classroom organization, differentiated instruction, instructional accommodations, appropriate test modifications, peer helping strategies, social skills development, management of behavior)
Programs: A school based program that has demonstrated outstanding results in promoting success of students with special needs through the cooperative efforts of school administration, regular staff, special education staff, parents and students.
Please provide your Statement of Support for the Nominee here.
Please include any additional statements of support here.
Is there anything else you think MCCPTA needs to know about your nomination or the nominee?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service