Wednesday April 10
12:00 PM-1:30 PM
Auditorium, 1111 Genetics-Biotechnology Center
The Ups and Downs, but mostly Ups, of working for smaller biotech and pharma companies
Panelists will discuss their experiences transitioning from academia to smaller, independent biotech companies
• Is small biotech right for you and which attributes do they want?
• Finding the right company – things to consider and research
• Start-ups vs. Established vs. Niche Market biotechs
• Career prospects: risks and benefits of joining a small biotech
• You’re the expert - How communication to a multi-disciplinary audience is key
Panel discussion followed by informal networking with lunch
Aaron Almeida (PhD Chemistry)
Scientist, Catalent Pharma Solutions
Thomas 'Rock' Mackie (PhD Medical Physics)
Chief Innovation Officer, UW Health
Nick Rossi (PhD Chemistry)
Senior Scientist II, Mirus Bio LLC
Robb Stankey (PhD Genetics)
Senior Scientist, Varigen Biosciences
Questions about the event should be directed to Andrew Cusick, Career Development Officer (email@example.com
If you need an accommodation to attend or participate in an event, please contact the Office of Postdoctoral Studies by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 608-263-9370, preferably at least a week in advance of the event.
Sponsored by the Wisconsin Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Part of the Career Exploration Series organized by the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Postdoctoral Studies.