(Vancouver, BC) Soshefeigh Media Inc. is casting SIGNS OF LOVE, a new documentary series about romance in the modern world.
Producers are looking to interview Vancouver-based COUPLES who are dating or married (any age, any ethnicity) and willing to share their stories and opinions with us.
Do you BOTH believe that romance is still possible in this day and age? Or do you disagree on this? Is one of you more romantic than the other?
We want to hear your story and your opinions -- especially if you're PASSIONATE about it!
If interested, please fill out our application and a CASTING PRODUCER will be in contact.
I acknowledge that by selecting “I Agree” in the designated check-box, I will be giving up certain legal rights I may have against Soshefeigh, together with the producers, broadcasters, distributors and sponsors of the Program, and others.
In consideration of being considered for participation in the Program (whether or not I am selected as a participant in the Program) and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that I irrevocably agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
1. RELEASE AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, I AGREE THAT I WILL NEVER SUE SOSHEFEIGH, any television network, broadcaster, cable network, digital network/channel, or satellite network that COMMISSIONS, TRANSMITS AND/OR airs the Program (INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY, “NETWORK”), any broadcasters or distributors that distribute the Program, the other participants and participants in the Program, the advertisers and promotional agencies connected with the Program, all other persons and entities connected with the Program, each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies of the foregoing, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, successors, assignees, and licensees (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS, EXPENSES, INJURIES OR CAUSES OF ACTION WHATSOEVER THAT IN ANY WAY ARE CAUSED BY, ARISE OUT OF OR RESULT FROM THIS AGREEMENT, participation in or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, my participation in the participant selection process of the Program, any exploitation of the Program or my appearance on the Program, the failure of Soshefeigh to select me as a participant, or the exercise by Soshefeigh of any rights granted by me with respect to the Program on any legal theory whatsoever, including, but not limited to, personal injury, NEGLIGENCE, INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, BREACH OF CONTRACT, INFRINGEMENT OF rights of privacy and publicity, false light, defamation, any claim or action based on plagiarism, idea theft, infringement of intellectual property, confidential relationship, implied contract OR unfair competition (the “Released Claims”). The Released Claims specifically include, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses of any kind resulting from the actions of another participant or any other third party at any time.To the maximum extent permitted by law, I waive any and all rights I may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California, and every like provision in any foreign jurisdiction. Section 1542 provides as follows:A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
2. I have answered and will answer the questions in the Application Form truthfully, accurately and completely and will immediately inform Soshefeigh if any information changes, is discovered by me to be false, inaccurate or incomplete or becomes false or incomplete. If any of the information I have provided is found and/or determined by Soshefeigh in its sole discretion to be false, incomplete, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading, Soshefeigh reserves the right to immediately dismiss and disqualify me from the participant selection process and/or from the Program.
3. I represent and warrant that I have reached the age of majority, and agree that Producer may tape and photograph me, and record my name, likeness, voice, biographical information I may provide, statements, conversation and sounds, including any performance of any musical or written composition(s), during and in connection with my appearance and that Producer shall be the exclusive owner of the results and proceeds of such taping, photography, and recording (collectively, the “Footage”).
4. I agree that my selection as a participant is within Soshefeigh's sole and unfettered discretion. If I am selected, I agree that Soshefeigh is not obligated to have me appear on, or to broadcast my appearance on, the Program and may disqualify me at any time in its sole discretion. I also acknowledge that the footage from casting sessions and auditions may be used as part of the Program.
5. With respect to the information provided by me in connection with my application to participate in the Program, including but not limited to all “personal information” collected by Soshefeigh and/or or its authorized agents pursuant to the terms hereof, I authorize Soshefeigh and/or its authorized agents to investigate, access and collect information about me, any supporting documents and any other document that I have signed or do sign in connection with my application to be selected as a participant in the Program, or any other written or oral statements I make in connection therewith. I irrevocably authorize Soshefeigh and/or its authorized agents to secure information about my experiences from any third parties, including any references I provide, and I irrevocably authorize such parties to provide information concerning me. In the course of these investigations, I agree that Soshefeigh and/or its authorized agents may disclose to the foregoing entities personal information that I have provided to Soshefeigh or that Soshefeigh has obtained from third parties, if Soshefeigh determines, in its sole discretion, that disclosure to a third party is necessary to carry out any services Soshefeigh requires to produce the Program.
6. I am not, nor is any immediate family member (including unrelated persons living in the same household) an employee, shareholder, officer, director, agent or representative of Soshefeigh, known sponsors of the Program, any station initially airing the Program, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary(ies), or affiliated companies, licensees, partners and assigns. To the best of my knowledge, I do not know anyone who is now, or has been in the past two (2) years, an employee, agent or representative of Soshefeigh, known sponsors of the Program, any station initially airing the Program, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary(ies), or affiliated companies, licensees, partners and assigns.
7. I hereby irrevocably agree that I will not sue or claim against any of the other participants in the Program or the Released Parties for any damage, loss or harm to me or my property howsoever caused, resulting or arising out of or in connection with any defect in and/or failure of equipment, warnings or instructions, or my preparation for, participation and appearance in or elimination from the Program or activities associated with the Program. I acknowledge that there is a possibility that after my execution of this Agreement, I will discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time this Agreement was executed and which, if known by me at that time, may have materially affected my decision to execute this Agreement. I acknowledge and agree that by reason of this Agreement, and the release contained in the preceding paragraph, I am assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims.
8. I represent and covenant that any statements made by me during my appearance will be true, and that neither they nor my appearance will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party. I agree that Producer may decide not to use any of the Footage or may edit the Footage in its sole discretion and hereby waive any moral rights I may have in the Footage.
9. Except as expressly set out above, I hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of the Footage or of the uses to which any of the Footage may be put. I understand the nature and content of the Program and acknowledge that by participating in this social experiment there may be surprise elements that are revealed throughout the course of filming. I hereby irrevocably remise, release, and forever discharge Producer and its successors, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, licensees, assigns, and any person or corporation related to any of them and all participants in the Program from all manner of actions, claims, and demands whatsoever which I ever had, now have or may have for or by reason of any cause, matter, or thing whatsoever existing at the present or any future time in relation to the Footage and Program (including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to defamation, the right to privacy or intentional infliction of emotional distress).
10. I agree to indemnify the Released Parties and to hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability, claim, action, damage, expense, and loss of any kind caused by or arising out of any statement, action or failure to act by me during or in connection with my participation on the Program and the audition process therefore.
11. Any and all information disclosed to or obtained by me concerning or relating to the Program, Soshefeigh and the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be strictly confidential. I agree that I will not disclose to any third party any information which I have had or will have access to concerning the Program, Soshefeigh, or Soshefeigh's programming or other services, or the terms and conditions of this Agreement, except as required to fulfill my obligations hereunder, as expressly authorized by Soshefeigh in writing, or as required by law. I also agree that I will not disclose any such information to any participant, individual or entity including, without limitation, any members of the press. I acknowledge that any disclosure of such information will constitute a material breach of this Agreement and will cause Soshefeigh substantial and irreparable injury and will cause substantial damages, entitling Soshefeigh to, without limitation, injunctive or other equitable relief, without posting any bond, to prevent and/or cure any breach or threatened breach of this paragraph by me.
12. The parties agree that if any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement cannot be settled through direct discussions, they shall endeavor first to settle the controversy or claim by a mediation administered by JAMS under its applicable rules. IF THE DISPUTE IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM, INCLUDING THE SCOPE OR APPLICABILITY OF THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE, SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING CONFIDENTIAL ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF, INCLUDING ITS OPTIONAL APPEAL PROCEDURE (THE “JAMS RULES”, AVAILABLE AT WWW.JAMSADR.COM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RULES PROVIDING FOR LIMITED DISCOVERY AND OTHER EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION). SOSHEFEIGH SHALL PAY ALL TYPES OF COSTS THAT ARE UNIQUE TO ARBITRATION. THE JAMS RULES WILL BE PROVIDED TO ME BY SOSHEFEIGH UPON MY REQUEST. THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE AN ARBITRATOR EXPERIENCED IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA OR A RETIRED JUDGE. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT (OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE FINAL SENTENCE OF THIS PARAGRAPH) SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT WITH RESPECT TO THE ARBITRATION OF ANY FEDERAL OR STATE CLAIM I BRING THAT ARISES FROM UNWAIVABLE PUBLIC RIGHTS, WHETHER STATUTORY OR NONSTATUTORY, THE FOLLOWING SHALL APPLY: THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD ANY REMEDY THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE IN COURT; AND THE PARTIES SHALL BE PERMITTED DISCOVERY ADEQUATE TO SECURE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO PRESENT SUCH CLAIM OR DEFEND AGAINST SUCH CLAIM. I RECOGNIZE THAT GIVEN THE UNIQUE NATURE OF THE PRESENTATION AND THE COMMERCIAL REALITIES OF THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, WHICH RELY UPON CONFIDENTIALITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, ANY ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED BREACH OF MY CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, OR ANY INFRINGEMENT BY ME OF SOSHEFEIGH’S OR NETWORK'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, WOULD CAUSE SOSHEFEIGH AND NETWORK IRREPARABLE INJURY AND DAMAGE THAT CANNOT BE REASONABLY OR ADEQUATELY COMPENSATED BY MONEY AND, THEREFORE, I AGREE THAT SOSHEFEIGH AND NETWORK SHALL BE ENTITLED TO SEEK AND OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE AND OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF FROM A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION FOR ANY SUCH BREACH OR INFRINGEMENT.
13. This Agreement shall be interpreted under the internal, substantive laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof. To the extent that the arbitration provisions of this Agreement are not enforced or court proceedings are otherwise required, commenced or maintained, the parties submit to the in personam jurisdiction of the Los Angeles County Superior Courts and the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and waive any objections that they may have as to jurisdiction or venue in any such courts.
14. I have been given ample opportunity to read, and I have carefully read, this entire Agreement. In addition, I have been given the opportunity to, and am hereby advised to, have this Agreement reviewed by legal counsel of my choice. I certify that I have made an investigation of the facts relevant to this Agreement and of all the matters pertaining thereto as I have deemed necessary, that I fully understand the contents of this Agreement, that I am of sound mind, and that I intend and agree to be legally bound by this Agreement. I agree that the provisions hereof shall enure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of Released Parties and shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators and representatives of the undersigned. The name given below and elsewhere in my application is my legal name. After I have agreed this Agreement where indicated below, the foregoing shall constitute a binding and enforceable agreement between myself and Soshefeigh.