Urban Biofilter is an Oakland-based non-profit that designs, implements, and advocates for biological systems solutions to pollution in urban areas.
We are looking for an experienced non-profit administrator to work part time on a temporary basis with the potential for permanent employment. Tasks will include grant administration as well as fundraising and grant writing.
• Supporting internal projects, working groups and campaigns
• Research and writing for current projects, blog entries, web and mailers
• Database Management: update our database of contacts
• General administration from budgeting to reports
• Stewardship and grant administration for current grants
• Grant writing: seek out new grants and promote collaborate with program, and other staff members to create compelling grant proposals and funding requests
• 2 years of experience working in the non-profit sector
• Experience with grant writing and non-profit administration
• Experience with event-planning and promotion
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent self motivation and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Proficient in Word and Excel
• Basic research experience
• Research writing experience
• Background in environmental science, biological science, or related field
Please provide a link to your CV, portfolio, or to projects you have managed.