Thank you for your interest in helping out! Volunteer opportunities are available with the following Farm Fresh RI programs:
• Provide customer service and assistance to shoppers
• Help set up the market, and help farmers load in
• Help run card machines and distribute Fresh Bucks at Welcome Tables
• Shifts available most days of the week July-October. Saturday shifts available November-May
HEALTHY FOODS, HEALTHY FAMILIES
• For outgoing and energetic individuals who enjoy interacting with kids and families
• Help facilitate nutrition education and food systems activities at farmers markets
• Spanish language skills preferred, but not required
• Summer opportunities available in July & August
• Help with local food activities and cooking demonstrations (senior centers, classrooms, cafeterias, gardens)
• Help prepare and serve samples featuring local produce
• Background check required
• Weekday morning and afternoon opportunities available
• For early risers and team players, learn what’s in season and be active in the a.m.
• Help pack up local food for restaurants, schools, hospitals, etc.
• Packhouse shifts available Tuesdays 6:15-9:00am & Thursdays 5:15-9:00am
• Or help out in the office organizing Market Mobile paperwork—requires attention to detail and middle-of-the-day availability on Monday and Wednesday afternoons
• Background check required (BCI)
• Required minimum commitment of at least 2-3 months
• For individuals interested in hands-on culinary work and youth development in a hectic kitchen environment
• Work alongside HK youth on the production of value-added products such as apple chips, stewed tomatoes, pickles anD more
• Assist with implementation and hands-on culinary activities
• Shifts available Monday-Friday, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
• Work alongside HK youth and staff with front of house cafe help
• Shifts available Monday-Friday, 7 am - 3 pm
Farmers Markets Tabling
• Work alongside HK youth at our Retail Sales table at farmers markets, selling Harvest Kitchen products as well as products made by local producers to supplement the market offerings
• Maintain positive, equitable relations with all market vendors and customers
• Shifts available Saturdays, 8 am - 2 pm in the winter (November - end of October) and vary throughout the summer (May - end of October)
• Help Farm Fresh RI track the impact of our programs by assisting with data entry and analysis. Very important work!
• Practice skills with Microsoft Excel and Access
• Shifts vary
• Farm profiles: Visit farms, gather their story, take pictures, and update their profiles on our website.
• Blog entries: Have a knack for writing? Any issues around local food that are important to you? We love guest bloggers.
• Remote opportunities available
GENERAL/FARMERS MARKET OUTREACH
• Help Farm Fresh RI spread the word about our programs and farmers markets
• Work in the office preparing outreach materials and/or hit the streets and deliver posters and flyers to local businesses and community centers
• Opportunities available year-round, though the biggest outreach teams needed in May/June and September/October
• For photo-savvy volunteers to join us at programs and/or farmers markets
• Free to use smartphone or a professional camera
PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION
Please fill in the following information about yourself and your interests. Farm Fresh RI staff will follow up to find the right place for you within our programs!
YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Your First & Last Name:
What are your interests and how do they relate to our work?
Is there a particular Farm Fresh RI program you're interested in?
Choose all that apply.
Farmers Markets (customer service).
Healthy Foods Healthy Families (nutrition education for low-income families at farmers markets in July and August).
Nutrition Education (nutrition education, cooking demos and local food tastings for preschool, K-12, senior centers & hospital cafeterias).
Market Mobile (food distribution, physical labor, office paperwork).
Harvest Kitchen (culinary education for youth).
Data entry/analysis across organization.
Writing (guest blog posts, farm profiles for the Local Food Guide).
Outreach (dropping off flyers, posters and bookmarks to promote our farmers markets).
Do you speak any languages in addition to English? If so, which ones?
Please select the times you are available.
Select all that apply.
How frequently do you envision working with us?
Please describe the frequency (3x/week? 1x/month?)
Do you have an end date in mind?
One week? Certain number of hours? Ongoing?
Do you have transportation? (car or bike?)
Town Where You Live
Are you currently serving in the military or other form of national service, a veteran, or military family member?
Yes, I am currently serving in the military or am a veteran
Yes, I am currently serving in another form of national service (AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, etc) or am an alum
Yes, I am a military family member
No, I am a civilian
Are you affiliated with an employer or school?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Farm Fresh Rhode Island.