(2) Strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of protected area managers and policy makers and others in relation to sustainable tourism.
(3) Enhance the level of tourism contribution to the goals of protected areas and protected area systems.
(4) Enhance the capacity of WCPA, including through co-operative ventures with networks and partners and, in particular IUCN members, and recognize their contributions.
(5) Develop and disseminate knowledge on tourism and protected areas, including case studies and best practice syntheses.
(6) Provide an interactive forum for individuals working on protected areas and tourism, which allows them to network, communicate, collaborate, and develop partnerships.
In this application form you can outline what expertise you can bring to TAPAS and how you would like to assist the group in its efforts.
If your application is successful, we will add your details to the TAPAS contacts database, invite you to join a discussion group so that you can communicate easily with other members, and will get in touch with you regarding your particular areas of interest.
Benefits of membership include:
• Exchanging dialogue and information with a wide range of research colleagues
• Sharing research information
• Collaborating on potential joint publications
• Participating in research programs and/or seminars and/or conferences
• Collaborating on potential joint research projects and consulting opportunities
• Membership of an on-line discussion group for TAPA-Specialist Group members and regular emails
Thanks for contributing!
Dr. Anna Spenceley
Chair, IUCN WCPA Tourism and Protected Areas Specialist Group (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Membership questions can be directed to:
Membership Director, IUCN WCPA Tourism and Protected Areas Specialist Group (Email: email@example.com)
For more information about the group: