The program is wholly run by an executive team, all under the age of 25; truly making this a program by young people, for young people. If selected, you will be allocated a mentor who will guide you through the entire program and ensure that you are not only enjoying your time, but are supported and engaged throughout the experience.
Key Program Information:
1. Nominations will close at 11:59pm on Sunday 24th February 2019. Nominations submitted after this time will not be considered.
2. You will be informed of the outcome of your nomination by early March. If successful, you will be sent an electronic letter of offer.
3. Launch Weekend will occur in Brisbane from Friday 26th April - Sunday 28th April. At this residential weekend, you will meet your executive and other Youth Members, and discuss and plan your ideas for your committee's bill.
4. Between Launch Weekend and Sitting Week, you will assist in drafting the bill, attend community consultations with key stakeholders, engage with your community, and be the representative for the youth of your electorate.
5. Sitting Week will be held in Brisbane from Sunday 29th September - Saturday 5th October. This week is the culmination of the program, where you will debate your bills in Parliament House, meet with Members of Parliament, and participate in exciting personal development activities.
6. If you are in Years 11 or 12 and attending school in Queensland, you are eligible to receive one point towards your QCE upon completion of the program. Completion of the program requires full attendance at both residential camps, unless otherwise approved by the Program Coordinator.
7. The executive are available to provide significant support and assistance during your time as a Youth Member, including training in public speaking, leadership skills development, seeking sponsorship, and drafting legislation.
You are more than welcome to provide a letter of reference to support your application. Please email these to email@example.com by 11.59pm on 24th February.
If you have any issues or questions while completing this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.