The workshops are made up of two components:
1. Project Training: The participants undergo training sessions that help foster thinking, leadership and team working skills, which are followed by sessions about project development and implementation with direct ITSA support for a span of 5 weeks.
2. Project implementation: The participants are expected to work on a social issue of their interest. They develop their own project and work on it with assistance from the mentors.
The mentoring program will entail mentoring 9th grade to college age students in Ahmedabad India to:
1. Keep tabs on the student’s social action project and help the students develop it
2. Improve student communication and articulation skills
3. Develop a close information sharing relationship between mentor and mentee
4. Connect and redirect the student’s to web based support