18-19 Student Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) outlines the guidelines and behaviors that users are expected to follow when using school technologies or when using personally-owned devices on the school campus.
Enter barcode number
*Found on the bottom of the laptop or on back of iPad
List any damage to the device.
Be specific. For example -- right front corner is dented.
I understand this is not a complete list. I will use good judgment when using school technologies, report problems, and treat the device with care.
- Devices belong to the school and are loaned to you for your use only.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE OR ON YOUR DEVICE even if it was done by someone else.
- Devices must either be with you, in a locker, or in your desk at AW.
- Devices are under a basic warranty. Tell a tech person if you have a problem immediately.
- Devices must be in their provided case at all times, even at home.
- Charge at home every night .
- Do not put the laptop or case into your bookbag. Your iPad in it's case may go in your bookbag.
- Do not put books or heavy items into device case.
- Lay devices down, do not toss.
- Walk with devices closed and carry with two hands.
- No food or drink are allowed near the device.
- Access to certain online sites and downloads are restricted by law or because they conflict with our software.
- If a site is blocked, and you need access to it, see a tech person.
- In addition to websites, other functions of the devices are blocked. Do not try and get around security measures.
- Downloading or installing apps are not allowed without permission.
- Browser history may not be deleted.
- Accounts can only be created with permission and must use Avoca username and password.
- Students may not change user names, accounts or assigned passwords.
- You can access Google Drive on any device with internet. Go to
and sign in with your school account.
- Only specifically permissible social media is acceptable on the school devices.
- Email for students is typically from student accounts (@
) to teacher accounts (@
), although there may be school-related exceptions.
- Students should keep personal devices turned off and put away during school hours - except in the event of an emergency or as instructed by school staff.
Security & Monitoring
- Do not open unknown emails, links or download files from unknown senders.
- Never share your password.
- All online activity is monitored.
- You can be monitored at anytime, even at home.
- Students are expected to follow the same guidelines for behavior and communication online as they do offline.
- Cyberbullying will not be tolerated.
- Examples include harassment, impersonation, misrepresenting, posting comments or pictures of others without permission, or intimidating others.
- Students may not post, forward, download, or share defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, and/or illegal materials, images, videos, or text.
- Engaging in these behaviors will result in disciplinary action and in some cases the involvement of law enforcement.
- Never give out personal information over email, social media or any other online outlet.
- Never post or share personal information such as last name, birthdate, phone number, address, social security number.
- Do not use identifying information in your username.
- Never agree to meet someone you met online in person.
- Once something is online, it is always out there. Be careful when posting information.
- Plagiarism is copying someone else’s work without giving them credit.
- Students may not use other people's work and try to pass it off as their own.
- Students may not copy, download, or share any copyrighted material including music or video.
- When using text, pictures, music, ideas or websites in their work, students cite their source.
- You can customize backgrounds, brightness, trackpads, screensavers, and web themes.
- All images on the device must be without weapons, drugs, adult or inappropriate activities.
- Save to Google Drive. If there is a computer problem, there is no guarantee that anything on your device will be saved.
- Do not sign into devices with your personal Apple ID.
- Do not sign into apps without permission.
- Do not download apps to the iPad without permission.
- If signing into an account such as Google Drive during class, logout when finished.
- Damages that impact the use of the device must be repaired.
- Cost for repairs not covered by warranty must be paid in full.
- Examples of damages include, but are not limited to: damaged screens, bent corners, frayed power cords.
- Any misuse of school technology, including downloading, visiting restricted sites, mistreating devices, leaving laptops unattended, cyberbullying, or other inappropriate behavior, could result in:
- Loss of device privileges
- Parent involvement
- Replacement costs for damages
- Detention or suspension from school
- Legal action
- Your device can be collected at any time.
I have read and understand the Acceptable Use Policy and agree to abide by it.
Type in your FIRST and LAST name.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Avoca School District 37.