Space Needs Request Form
for University of Michigan - Ann Arbor General Fund Academic & Administrative Units

U-M unit budget administrators (or their designees) should complete this form to start the process for requesting additional space. Any questions about this form can be directed to

Email address *
Your answer
School, College, and/or Department
Your answer
Your answer
About Your Space Need
What type of space is needed and for what function of your school, college, or department?
e.g. office, research, clinical, instructional, storage
Your answer
Approximately how much space is needed by type of space?
e.g. approximate square footage of office space needed, research space needed, and so on...
Your answer
Who are the users of the new space?
e.g. students, faculty, staff, the public
Your answer
Why can't existing space accommodate this need?
Your answer
Is the space needed for a new or existing function?
Do you plan to teach any for-credit U-M courses in the space?
Will existing space be vacated if new space is acquired?
Ideally, where would you like the new space to be located?
e.g. Central Campus, North Campus, specific area of Ann Arbor
Your answer
Ideally, when do you need the new space to be ready for occupancy?
Your answer
How long will you need the space?
Your answer
Approvals & Funding
Is your dean, director, and/or unit budget administrator aware of this request?
Has funding been approved by your unit for new or additional space?
Please complete the captcha before submitting the form.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Michigan. Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms