Legal/Policy Committee - CWA Local 9415 Interest Form
Interest form for the Legal Policy Committee open to active members of CWA Local 9415.
The Legal Policy Committee is the political arm of the Local which will be responsible for the following:
- managing the Local's endorsement process for November 2020 candidates in Alameda County, CA
- developing the Committee's policies on candidate expenditures
- coordinating campaign support action days with endorsed candidates in Alameda County, CA
- represent the Local at the Alameda County Labor Council and Contra Costa Labor Council
The Committee will comprise of seven (7) members with three (3) alternates. Committee members will be appointed by the E-Board upon completion of (1) this interest form and (2) participation in the interest call noticed below. Committee members will be publicly listed on the Local's website and on all official Committee correspondence. Committee members are subject to all applicable bylaws of the Local and District.
NOTE: This committee is voluntary and is uncompensated. Meals and materials will be provided at all in-person meetings and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
- resident and/or employee in Alameda County, CA and Contra Costa, CA
- required membership in Local
- commitment to below schedule and time capacity
- accessible by phone and email
- comfortable with public speaking
- team player/ able to work with differing personalities and styles
- accepts and provides feedback
- review all documents necessary to make informed decisions
[TENTATIVE] COMMITTEE SCHEDULE COMMITMENT
April 3, 2020; 5:30-6:00pm
- MANDATORY Informational call for all interested in joining the Committee (call information will be sent to those who complete this form)
April 6, 2020; 5:00pm
- notification of Committee member selection
April 23, 2020; May 7, 2020; May 21, 2020; June 4, 2020; July 2, 2020; July 16, 2020; August 20, 2020; September 3, 2020; September 17, 2020; October 1, 2020; October 15, 2020; November 12, 2020; December 3, 2020; December 17, 2020
- bi-monthly Committee checkin at 5:30pm
June 4, 2020
- candidate endorsement questionnaire review at bi-monthly Committee checkin
June 18, 2020
- Endorsement meeting and voting
August 6, 2020
- endorsed candidate support action
November 3, 2020
- Super Tuesday watch party
NOTE: This committee is voluntary and is uncompensated. Meals and materials will be provided at all in-person meetings and events. Committee members will be publicly listed on the Local's website and on all official Committee correspondence. Committee members are subject to all applicable bylaws of the Local and District.
City, State of EMPLOYMENT
City, State of RESIDENCE
Please describe any relevant experience you have in civic engagement including, but not limited to, voter registration and outreach, lobbying, and elected officials.
If selected, are you committed to stay in this leadership role until December 2020?
Are you able to commit to bi-monthly committee meetings? (video option provided to allow for remote participation; SEE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE at beginning of this form)
Will you participate in the informational call on April 3, 2020 from 5:30-6:00pm?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service