Senate District 49 Statement of Candidacy
The constitution of SD49 Democrats lists six officer positions and gives a brief description of their responsibilities. These officers are chair, vice chair, secretary, treasurer, outreach officer, and communication officer. The constitution states that there are also 15 to 19 directors. It further states: “Directors shall take a leadership role in fundraising and Senate District legislative campaigns. In addition, directors shall take an active role in education initiatives and communication and will also actively participate in such committees as may be established by the Senate District central committee.” (Article 6, Section 8) The current standing committees are Communications, Events, Fund-raising, and Outreach/Inclusion.
Name (First and Last)
Preferred Phone Number
Preferred Contact Method
Please indicate the position(s) you are seeking.
If more than one position selected, please rank by preference
1. Please give a brief biographical sketch of yourself and relate it to the responsibilities of the position for which you plan to run.
2. Why do you want to serve as a director or officer of SD49 Democrats?
3. If you seek election as a director, on which committees would you prefer to serve? Are there other areas of special interest that you would like to pursue?(See information at the top of this form for list of committees.)
Outreach and Inclusion
4. Have you have served as an officer, director or precinct leader for SD49 or another district, or as a member of the DFL State Central Committee? If yes, when and in what capacity?
5. Please set out other political party or community organizing experience.
6. Will you be able to fulfill the duties of a SD49 DFL Central Committee member, including attendance at monthly meetings? Please include any comments.
7. Will you actively support, without exception, DFL-endorsed candidates? If no, please explain.
8. Please indicate whether you support the DFL On-going Platform. If no, please explain.
9. Are you willing to serve as a director on the SD49 DFL Central Committee if you are not elected an officer?
When are you available for an interview?
Saturday 4/13 - Between 7 pm and 9 pm
Tuesday 4/16 - Between 7 and 9 pm
Thursday 4/18 - Between 7 and 9 pm
Any other questions or comments?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service