Musical Explorers 2019-20 Registration
Musical Explorers is a K-2 arts education program where students learn about their community, their city, their state and all the diverse musical styles that can be found in Georgia, the southeast, and other musically rich cultures around the world. During the 2019-20 season, students explore various music styles including African-American Spirituals, Hip-Hop, Folk Music, Salsa, Klezmer Music and Brass Ensemble, embarking on a musical journey that can be used by both classroom and music teachers.
Throughout the year, students are "introduced" to artists and songs from each genre of music. At the end of each semester, students meet the musicians they've learned about in the classroom live on stage, performing the songs from the curriculum in an interactive concert. Program features include:
● Two interactive concerts (fall and spring) per year in downtown Savannah featuring regional musicians
● Two professional development workshops for participating teachers (fall and spring)
● A printed Teacher Guide with accompanying CD, featuring an online interactive website geared toward both music and general classroom teachers
● Online, printable student activities
In order to reserve seats for your students at the fall and spring concerts, we are asking you to make the following commitments on behalf of your school:
● Participating teachers should attend Professional Development Workshops in the fall and spring (offered multiple times; Professional Learning credit is offered through SCCPSS)
● Implement the Musical Explorers curriculum via classroom and music teachers
● Guarantee your students’ attendance at both the fall and spring concerts
● Availability via email and phone to keep the Savannah Music Festival staff apprised of program implementation
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES:
** FALL 2019 **
September 11-14, 2019: Fall Professional Development Workshops (teacher attendance required at one 2-hour session)
December 9-13, 2019: Fall Musical Explorers Concerts at Trustees Theater
** SPRING 2020 **
January 8-11, 2020: Winter/Spring Professional Development Workshops (teacher attendance required at one 2-hour session)
April 27-May 1, 2020: Spring Musical Explorers Concerts at Trustees Theater
Contact Phone Number
Are you interested in participating in Musical Explorers for the 2019-20 school year?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Savannah Music Festival.